ACCA to CPA Australia

Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Artistluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACCA to CPA Australia

Hi, I am an ACCA Member and recently arrived in Australia. I have been with KPMG for 6 years. I am not getting the job yet....the only thing is I dont have local experience.

Can anyone suggest I shall get in CA Australia? Is it worth doing that? How much would that cost? Will I get job after this?

I would be thankful for any advice.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Artistluv
Hi, I am an ACCA Member and recently arrived in Australia. I have been with KPMG for 6 years. I am not getting the job yet....the only thing is I dont have local experience.

Can anyone suggest I shall get in CA Australia? Is it worth doing that? How much would that cost? Will I get job after this?

I would be thankful for any advice.
I believe you would need to have an employer in order to get CA and if you have an employer you wouldn't be wondering about whether you need CA.

Just keep at it, how long have you been in Australia? Sometimes it takes time to get the first break.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:39 am
Just Joined

I have been here for 1 month now.
Please advice how can I get an employer with registering for CA.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have been here for 1 month now.
Please advice how can I get an employer with registering for CA.
I don't know what you mean.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Saugat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I am ACCA student. I have completed 12 papers and 2 paper left to pass. I am experianced accountat in Nepal. I have 10 years of job experiance. I also hold Master degree -Finance in Nepal.( Total 17 years of Study). Now I am in Nepal and Intend to migrate in Australia. Can any one share ideas if I can go Australia for Professional Accounting Practice?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I really feel like I am repeating myself here.

There is nothing wrong with being ACCA in Australia. I have already said it twice on this thread not sure why I have to say it a third time for you but I will try it in capitals this time in the hope it might sink in.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF ACCA QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANTS WORKING HAPPILY IN AUSTRALIA.

Your problem is not going to be that you took ACCA not CPA. Your problem is going to be that you have no work experience. Courses won't make up for that. If you want a successful migration you need to get work experience.

If you thought you could sit a few exams and then emmigrate and find work as an accountant then you were dreaming "my friend". But it is not ACCA that is the problem.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I have been here since a month but seem like ages.
The first break I guess you are right but how would I get that.it seems impossible.
Any advice how should I look for work? I am currenly looking on seek website.
CPA is expensive I really dont think so I can afford a qualification at this time without a job.Please guide me what I should do?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi,

I have been here since a month but seem like ages.
The first break I guess you are right but how would I get that.it seems impossible.
Any advice how should I look for work? I am currenly looking on seek website.
CPA is expensive I really dont think so I can afford a qualification at this time without a job.Please guide me what I should do?
A month is not long at all to be looking or a job, of course some people secure work within a month but it is not the average. You should have prepared to spend at least a few months looking for work, and consider anything less a bonus.

I personally think seek is an ok place to look, but you should also contact some accountancy recruitment agents and make appointments to meet up in person, making a good impression on an agent is the first step. They also might have some tips for improving your resume.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

A month is not long at all to be looking or a job, of course some people secure work within a month but it is not the average. You should have prepared to spend at least a few months looking for work, and consider anything less a bonus.

I personally think seek is an ok place to look, but you should also contact some accountancy recruitment agents and make appointments to meet up in person, making a good impression on an agent is the first step. They also might have some tips for improving your resume.
Been here three years now and it took me just over a month to find another role recently - a month is not long at all, especially if you want to find the right job. I'd look for contract work for a couple of months to get you that first bit of local experience, and I agree with Bermudashorts wholeheartedly, agencies would be a much better bet than seek, a lot of jobs never reach seek.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Thank you guys. this discussion helps a lot.
Well agencies I have been called by just 2 yet...and they have been nice and honest too that without local experience its hard to find work.
You guys are right one month is no time but may be expenses without job at a new place is tough..its an expensive city.
Just trying my luck.I hope I get a good job.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you guys. this discussion helps a lot.
Well agencies I have been called by just 2 yet...and they have been nice and honest too that without local experience its hard to find work.
You guys are right one month is no time but may be expenses without job at a new place is tough..its an expensive city.
Just trying my luck.I hope I get a good job.
You have been called by two agents? My suggestion was that call them and ask to book an appointment to come in and meet them. Don't wait to be invited.

Don't get disheartened by this local experience, if noody could get a job without local experience then all immigrants would be unemployed and clearly that is not the case.

It may be an untimely advice for you now, but all new arrivals need to know what they will need to survive on make sure they have enough funds to last for quite a few months once they arrive.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

zaxo270 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am zahid from Bangladesh. I want to know if a person can complete all the 14 subjects of ACCA and and want to complete CPA of Australia than what he needs to do? Is there any mutual agreement between this two professional bodies?
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

zaxo270 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am zahid from Bangladesh. I want to know if a person can complete all the 14 subjects of ACCA and and want to complete CPA of Australia than what he needs to do? Is there any mutual agreement between this two professional bodies?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

The MRA appears to have been terminated, so you would have to do the exams again if you wish to be a CPA.

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/r...uk-europe.html
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

sami12185 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really feel like I am repeating myself here.

There is nothing wrong with being ACCA in Australia. I have already said it twice on this thread not sure why I have to say it a third time for you but I will try it in capitals this time in the hope it might sink in.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF ACCA QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANTS WORKING HAPPILY IN AUSTRALIA.

Your problem is not going to be that you took ACCA not CPA. Your problem is going to be that you have no work experience. Courses won't make up for that. If you want a successful migration you need to get work experience.

If you thought you could sit a few exams and then emmigrate and find work as an accountant then you were dreaming "my friend". But it is not ACCA that is the problem.
Hello
I read your post so decided that you are the right person to consult with actually i Am a student doing ACCA and my only option are left have experience of about six months in an accounting firm what i want to ask is that i want to come to Australia to pursue my profession so that type of opportunities are available in Australia for ACCA is it possible to get job in Australia having ACCA as a highest qualification especially in big four firms and another thing i want to ask is that i am planning to go for ICAEW after completing my ACCA while working in Australia so what type of support,options and opportunities are available for ICAEW in Australia are there firms and employers who can give articles/practical experience act as a mentor for ICAEW over there please guide me through pm me if possible will be waiting for your reply

Regards
sami
Old Feb 13th 2012, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sami12185
Hello
I read your post so decided that you are the right person to consult with actually i Am a student doing ACCA and my only option are left have experience of about six months in an accounting firm what i want to ask is that i want to come to Australia to pursue my profession so that type of opportunities are available in Australia for ACCA is it possible to get job in Australia having ACCA as a highest qualification especially in big four firms and another thing i want to ask is that i am planning to go for ICAEW after completing my ACCA while working in Australia so what type of support,options and opportunities are available for ICAEW in Australia are there firms and employers who can give articles/practical experience act as a mentor for ICAEW over there please guide me through pm me if possible will be waiting for your reply

Regards
sami

Sorry but I could barely understand your post. What do you mean by the below for example?

my only option are left have experience of six months
You will need to improve your English considerably to have any chance of securing work in accountancy in Australia. Also why would you expect to get support for ICAEW (the English accounting qualification) in Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.