BE on the Go!, WAP Device Compatibility Reference
BE on the Go! is a WAP 1.1 and WAP 2.0 (XHTML-MP) interface to the forums. Members can read and reply to posts, respond to PMs, and other usual forum tasks. There's even a Chat Room!
This page contains important information about supported devices and includes downloads to fix Pocket Internet Explorer limitations. To access the WAP site, just point your handheld browser to http://wap.britishexpats.com/ and log in using your current forum credentials.
Nokia Series 60 Devices
The WAP browser that comes equipped with Nokia Series 60 devices cannot display 'Be on the Go!' in WAP 2.0 mode as it was meant to be displayed. If you plan to access the forum in WAP 2.0 mode, you should select the "Series60" theme via 'My Prefs' as it circumvents most of the WCSS issues that are present in Series 60 devices.
Sony Ericsson – NON Pxxx series Devices
With the exception of the SE Pxxx series of WAP devices, the browsers that come with the Sony Ericsson device(s) above, cannot display 'BE on the Go!' in WAP 2.0 mode as it was meant to be displayed. If you plan to access the forum in WAP 2.0 mode, select the "Series60" theme via My Prefs as it circumvents most of the WCSS issues that are present in most SE WAP 2.0 browsers.
Windows Mobile 2003 (Non SE) – SmartPhones, Windows Mobile – Pocket PCs
Pocket Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 2003 or earlier (non SE versions) is not fully WML compliant (it does not include the appropriate WML accept header), it also does not render the true XHTML-MP pages output by 'BE on the Go!'. In order to insure WML compliancy we have a redistributable for Pocket IE users.
Note: These fixes are only required if you are running a non SE version of Windows Mobile, 2003 older.
Alternatively, Opera's Technical Preview browser for Windows Mobile SmartPhones can be downloaded from here . This browser supports both the XHTML-MP and WML markup modes of WiForums Full Featured v3.
In the event that WiForums PIE AHM does not run on your Smartphone or Pocket PC, do the following to insure WML compliancy in Pocket IE:
- Download and install the PHM Registry Editor for Pocket PC (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/).
- Close/End the Pocket Internet Explorer process.
- Using PHM Registry editor access the below registry key:
- You should see a String Value named "Accept Header" (if it is not present create it), add the below text to its value:
- Click on Okay.
- Launch Pocket Internet Explorer and make an attempt to browse your wireless forum.
If you are unable to access 'BE on the Go!' from your WML and/or XHTML-MP compatible device do the following:
- Using the device in question visit http://wiforums.net/mime.php
- Send an email to [email protected] describing the problem that you are having.
- After doing the above, within 24 hours the site will automatically update itself with the latest compatibility update which will ensure that your device is compatible with the BE WAP site.