Work Permit/Work Visa
If you wish to work in New Zealand temporarily, you must hold a valid work permit or visa which is issued by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
You must have a valid NZ job offer first before a work visa or permit can be applied for. It is not the other way around.
A Work Permit can be issued to people who have already entered the country legally on a tourist visa for example and who happen to find work.
A Work Visa is issued to people who are outside New Zealand when they receive an offer of employment and who wish to enter and work in New Zealand legally.
This from a New Zealand consulate --
In order to apply for a visa to work in New Zealand, you will need a valid offer of employment from a New Zealand employer. The offer must be in writing and contain the following information:
- name, address and telephone number of the employer
- name and address of the person to whom the job is offered
- a full job description stating:
- job title or designation
- the type of work, duties and responsibilites of the job
- any qualifications or training experience required
- the duration of the job
- the salary or remuneration
- how long the job offer is open