Reward someone with karma
- When you want to reward a person for his/her post, you can give him/her karma.
- To do this, you can click on the small, blue Karma button in the bottom left hand corner of his/her post.
- You might do this because you think he/she has provided useful information, has said something hilarious, or whatever.
- When you click on the karma button, a little window pops up, and you have an opportunity to type something, e.g., "Great information," or, "Totally agree," or "Thinking of you," or, "Hilarious."
- But you don't have to type anything. The very fact that you've given the person karma will let him/her know that you approve of his/her post.
 View your karma
- You can view the karma you've received by clicking on "My Profile" near the top of the screen.
- You will then see a list with the names of the people who have given you karma, the dates on which they have given it to you, links to the posts for which they have rewarded you, and their comments.
 View another poster's karma
- Only a member can see the details of the karma that he/she has received, but everyone can see how much karma another poster has received.
- Under a person's User Name, in the top left hand corner of his/her post, there is a line of red stars.
- These stars are earned automatically, and are related to the number of messages that that member has posted.
- Under that is a line of blue rectangles.
- The line of blue rectangles reflects the amount of karma that that poster has received.
 Response to karma
- When you receive karma, you don't have to do anything (other than smile to yourself, if you wish).
- You don't have to send the donor a private message to thank them or anything like that.
- However, you could consider giving karma to other posters when they post useful information, post something with which you strongly agree, post funny remarks, or do anything else that you consider to be karma-worthy.
 More info about karma
There are more details about karma in this thread on the BE forum.