Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

..x.. apprentice wages ..x..

..x.. apprentice wages ..x..

Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:14 am
x-Wanna Be In Aussiland-x

samonster will become famous soon enough
Smile ..x.. apprentice wages ..x..

When we move to australia, i wont have had much experience as a hairdresser as i would have onli been qualified for a couple of months before we leave.

Do you think i would have to do an apprenticeship at a hairdressers and if so does anybody know what wages are like in aus??
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:40 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ..x.. apprentice wages ..x..

Originally Posted by samonster
When we move to australia, i wont have had much experience as a hairdresser as i would have onli been qualified for a couple of months before we leave.

Do you think i would have to do an apprenticeship at a hairdressers and if so does anybody know what wages are like in aus??
hi you shouldent have to do an apprentiship here but if your worried about experience you could maybe do some advanced courses at the local tafe and look in to having your skills reconignsed here australians train for 4yrs but that is soon being changed to 3yrs if it hasent been already the biggist difference i find in aus as a hairdresser is that your expected to do beauty and barbering work too ie:mens beards ewww and eybrow waxing /tinting
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:35 am
x-Wanna Be In Aussiland-x

samonster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ..x.. apprentice wages ..x..

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi you shouldent have to do an apprentiship here but if your worried about experience you could maybe do some advanced courses at the local tafe and look in to having your skills reconignsed here australians train for 4yrs but that is soon being changed to 3yrs if it hasent been already the biggist difference i find in aus as a hairdresser is that your expected to do beauty and barbering work too ie:mens beards ewww and eybrow waxing /tinting
O right okay, i think thats a god idea then to do advanced courses, becasue iv onli learnt womens cut n colours n that, no waxing or beards lol.

Do you know approx. how much the wages are a week??

Thanks for ur help x