What a waste!

Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of
Default What a waste!

Hello there.. I'm a newbie here so please be gentle.

We have just started researching into a possible relocation abroad out of the UK and I never realised how much my hard work and experience in recruitment was going to turn into a complete waste of time... having casually researched NZ it turns out I would've been better training to be a Pig Farmer... who knew?

Anyway, pigs and fruit growing aside, even though I have years of senior level recruitment and management experience and am qualified it seems my services are useless.... It is difficult to find work to apply for... even though I know my skills are transferable into a sales role etc.

We are ideally looking at Dubai as a possibility (my husband is a graphic designer).

So - I just wondered if anyone else in the recruitment industry had secured work abroad when applying from the UK or whether you had to make a sideways move into something else and how your skills were viewed.

.... appreciate any feed back. Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

backhomeagain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What a waste!

Hello there

The UK is a pricey place to live and you get taxed on everything you put your DNA on. Trust me, I was born and lived there for the past 48 years. Living in Calgary for the last two has given me two nervous breakdowns, and left unemployed three times, the third happened three weeks ago. So, now I have to watch as my wife catches the bus to work in minus 40 degrees temperatures and walking in over two feet of snow every day. I'm bound by Service Canada's stupid rules that I am not allowed to pick a broom up.

Yes, Canada has no road tax or tv tax and if you are lucky enough to join a health plan you dont even have to pay for your blood pressure tablets. Until I had mine checked, I never knew how high mine was. (at least I can now have normal blood pressure free of charge - whooppee fekkin' do) The roads are more like off road courses, and with no MOTs here, everybody is driving cars with shattered and cracked windscreens. The TV is just dire, with more commercials than you can shake a stick at.

Are you getting the picture yet?

The UK by all it faults is really quite acceptable. I would never of come here if I knew it would of ended up with me in tears nearly every night.

I dont know about any other country, but is the UK really so bad?

Thinking of emigrating? DONT DO IT.

Steve