Water, Gas main layer!

Old May 23rd 2006, 11:12 am
Just Joined

LISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really niceLISA SAWIN is just really nice
Default Water, Gas main layer!

Hi is there anyone out there who can help my husband is a utility layer for our local water board in the U.K. We hope to emigrate soon, can anyone out there tell me what this job is called over in OZ?
Also are there many opportunities for this type of work there?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:31 am
Just Joined

smudger78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Water, Gas main layer!

Did you ever get any responses? I work for a water company as a project maanger and have been trying to get more info on the industry over there without much luck!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water, Gas main layer!

Originally Posted by smudger78
Did you ever get any responses? I work for a water company as a project maanger and have been trying to get more info on the industry over there without much luck!
Check on the North West water board at Preston in Lancashire, Smudger.

I worked for the Solomon Islands Water Unit for 3 years prior to returning to Perth; and the North West water board in Preston sent contractors out to the Solomon Islands................. and I do believe they send consultants over to QLD.

Sorry i can't be of more help; I;m no longer in the water industry so i've lost touch.

good luck
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:01 am
Just Joined

jamie black is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im a gas mains/service layer,Ive just come back from perth austrailia after a three week holiday,and while i was there in a suburb called bayswater a firm called UNDERGROUNDor UNDERGROUND WORKS were advertising on a large board outside their yard for skilled and unskilled men,they lay gas water and electricity all around perth they looked quite a big firm and theres loads off work around perth everyones advertising for men,well its not much but i hope it helps good luck m8t .
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamie black
hi im a gas mains/service layer,Ive just come back from perth austrailia after a three week holiday,and while i was there in a suburb called bayswater a firm called UNDERGROUNDor UNDERGROUND WORKS were advertising on a large board outside their yard for skilled and unskilled men,they lay gas water and electricity all around perth they looked quite a big firm and theres loads off work around perth everyones advertising for men,well its not much but i hope it helps good luck m8t .
A client came to see me last month about purchasing some land............. they were new arrivals from Lancashire and had been here in Perth for six weeks. In that time her husband had got a job and was working in what he called a utilities team laying water pipes on contract to the water authority up in Geraldton.

Apparently he goes up to Geraldton; is found board and lodgings up there in a motel................... and gets AUS$2,000 a week in his hand. It's long hours working out in the heat............. but that's not bad money at all.

The company he is with have plenty of long-term projects for the Government (water authority) both out in the bush and locally.

He got that job within a week of them arriving............... he saw it in the paper.......... rang them..........passed the medical and he was offski up to Geraldton. He does 4 weeks up there and then comes home for 10 days. Guess that's a bit hard on new arrivals to the country........... but it has helped set them up good and proper............. he came home for a break and halfway into his second time up there they promoted him to team leader......... so after less than two months in the country he has already got a pay increase.

Sing out if you want the details of the company he is with? With your experience there could be chance of a job already waiting for you once all the visa headaches are done with?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

I think the company is underground services australia. A friend of ours also works there in geralton. I am in the same field of work and hopefully all being well should be over there this time next year as we have just started the visa process. The courier is comeing in the morning to take the first documents to oz so we can get suzies skills verified(midwife)
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suziegaz
I think the company is underground services australia. A friend of ours also works there in geralton. I am in the same field of work and hopefully all being well should be over there this time next year as we have just started the visa process. The courier is comeing in the morning to take the first documents to oz so we can get suzies skills verified(midwife)
Your friend wouldn't happen to be from Longridge with a surname that rhymes with oil would it?

I think he used to live on Brookfield............. I'm from Brookfield too. whereabouts in Preston are you from?

We had a wonderful Australia Day seeing as we beat the rams 4-1......... away as well. Now if only we could replicate that sort of form in the league......... we've cracked it!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

brookfield also,and his names finnegan!! whats the work like

cheers gaz mc