Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

UK TRADIES..send me your details.

UK TRADIES..send me your details.

Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK TRADIES..send me your details.

Sorry can't help with Visa app's as me is only just startin'! BUT when anyone with any!! chippy/maintenance know how gets here, just get in touch...blimey me is strugglin' ...tradies only though(subbies) Ta!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

cheers sbuk,missus don,t want to move out till the early part of next year but i,ve vast experience in carpentry and building maintaince.i,ll keep your details so when we finally get there i can get in touch cheers darrell
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

hi sbuk,

are the wages for chippies anygood?

cheers
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

sbuk i have 10 year experiance and am looking to move asap, would you advise shipping tools?-all 110v ,or cheaper to buy new?

ta
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

cheggs is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, is there that much work over there for joiners m8,just wondering how easy to get a start and potential earnings for a joiner/kitchen fitter,casual or self employed,have had itchy feet for a while to give new country a try but would like some feed back for the troops in the no .i,ve got over ten years exp,with all the papers,doing from renovations to newbuilds,roofs,stairs,kitchens/bathrooms etc,age 32,just need some heat in these bones,any feed back would be grate:
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

shaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really niceshaznstu is just really nice

Originally Posted by SBUK
Lookin for work on the Sunny Coast?? Give me a shout,Im getting the feel of who needs what,where and when.Im getting offered work and having to keep putting off jobs ....might be able to help??
Hi, My husband is a solid plasterer. He's been self employed for 11 years. Got his quals this end. Is there much work there for his trade. We have just had our medicals today, and hope to come out for a hol to Caloundra area around May time to check things out.

Sharon
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

hi whats earning like for ajoiner out there sbuk,32,14 years exp how hard to
get in thanks for any help
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Blimey thanks for the notes the bottom line is that tradies (as proved by the TRA and all that) are gonna be needed here for a long long time.Just here on the Sunny Coast there is every type of building work possible...hotels..shopping centers..schools..and of course loads of housing estates..if theres land they will build over here....and then of course theres the maintenance side,not just the new builds to get, the houses that are already here are needing renovation ,so happy days plenty of avenues

Wages wise a chippy with me can expect $27/30 an hour (thats renovation work) new build you'll find it a little less.. BUT there are people who will pay more than this, for work that is a tad more complicated and needs a bit of thought and usually longer hours!

I think most people, inc me are here for the lifestyle..working in good dry,sunny conditions day in ,day out can and does make up for the lower wages and what not, so when you feel settled things seem alright and everything feels worth all the effort you've put in.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Blimey thanks for the notes the bottom line is that tradies (as proved by the TRA and all that) are gonna be needed here for a long long time.Just here on the Sunny Coast there is every type of building work possible...hotels..shopping centers..schools..and of course loads of housing estates..if theres land they will build over here....and then of course theres the maintenance side,not just the new builds to get, the houses that are already here are needing renovation ,so happy days plenty of avenues

Wages wise a chippy with me can expect $27/30 an hour (thats renovation work) new build you'll find it a little less.. BUT there are people who will pay more than this, for work that is a tad more complicated and needs a bit of thought and usually longer hours!

I think most people, inc me are here for the lifestyle..working in good dry,sunny conditions day in ,day out can and does make up for the lower wages and what not, so when you feel settled things seem alright and everything feels worth all the effort you've put in.

Hope this helps
thanks for advice might just c u over there
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:42 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this helps
hi sbuk,
we have visas wea are heading for gold coast beginning of june my oh is qualified plumber gasfitter for ten years in uk would you have any work going for him and how hard is it going to e for him to get his full license plumbing and drainage license and poss his gas one also this is the biggest worry for us the time it takes to get license and find work
thanks lesley
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:54 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

Lookin for work on the Sunny Coast?? Give me a shout,Im getting the feel of who needs what,where and when.Im getting offered work and having to keep putting off jobs ....might be able to help??
HI sbuk im a fully qualified Air conditioning / refrigeration engineer just starting the visa process but you never know someone might offer ma a job lol.

cheers steve
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the notes always on the lookout for multi-trade Sunshine Coast area's
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Walshfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I work in Uk for civil engineering company as a foreman on new building sites, I'm a drainer working on roads, sewers etc, 25 ton excavators etc.

Whats the demand like out there for this type of work, there's loads of horror stories about people arriving then not getting work, have nightmares getting licences etc. My job is showing on the MODL so have been lead to believe wont have problems getting visa.

Whats your views.

Cheers

Sean
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

cmdsg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
SBUK

my work is ceramic industrial designer (model and mould maker)
Whats the demand like out there for this type of work.
you know someone might offer my a job?
thanks
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Can't help on the last two notes sorry thanks for getting in touch anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.