Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Truck Driving in Australia - ???

Truck Driving in Australia - ???

Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Scott66 will become famous soon enough
Default Truck Driving in Australia - ???

Can anyone inform me if there is a requirement for truck drivers anywhere in Australia.

I have been driving for 15 years now (not that it matters !!) but I was wondering if this type of work came into any skills shortage bracket and if you could gain a work permit using this skill.

Many Thanks

Scott
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Truck Driving in Australia - ???

Originally Posted by Scott66
Can anyone inform me if there is a requirement for truck drivers anywhere in Australia.

I have been driving for 15 years now (not that it matters !!) but I was wondering if this type of work came into any skills shortage bracket and if you could gain a work permit using this skill.

Many Thanks

Scott
Well as there have been no replies thought I would so either there are no Jobs or the Aussies are still asleep or it's not possible to immigrate down this route.

I did see somewhere that they might be reviewing the rules for W.Australia and Truck Driving might become classed as a Skill Shortage as I believe they are crying out for them over there.

CMON.......people in the know give us some advice PLEASE !!!!!!!

Good or Bad

Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott66

Many Thanks

Scott
Is not on the SOL or MODL, so is not a skill shortage! But there are lots of jobs available for truckers
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Is not on the SOL or MODL, so is not a skill shortage! But there are lots of jobs available for truckers
Hello Mate & Thanks.....

Therefore how do you geta job in OZ if you are not a resident. I'm not 100% up to speed on OZ immigration.

Can you just apply direct then apply for work permit even tho the Jobs aren't listed on the SOL & MODL

Thanks again Dave
Old Jan 26th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hello Mate & Thanks.....

Therefore how do you geta job in OZ if you are not a resident. I'm not 100% up to speed on OZ immigration.

Can you just apply direct then apply for work permit even tho the Jobs aren't listed on the SOL & MODL

Thanks again Dave
It may be possible to approach an employer and that they could get you out on a 457 visa (temp working 4 years) During which time you may be able to get PR (residency)

Is a very difficult route as many employers don't want to know unless you have a valid working or PR visa!

Are other ways in but way too many to start typing up on here, none of them straight forward and some very expensive, just depends on how much you're willing to risk to get into Aus!