Reload this Page >

training as a hairdresse

training as a hairdresse

Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Smurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default training as a hairdresse

Hi guys

I've always wanted to do hairdressing and am applying for the NVQ level 2 course to start in September but also looking to emigrate to Oz but there seems to be a minefield of things to pass for the TRA - does anyone know what the equivalent in Oz of the level 2 and is there any way round the 900 hours thing.

I am looking to study part time at college as can't afford to take a trainee wage as am 29 and have a daughter of 18 months and need to pay the bills. I would dearly love to go or is it worth waiting and doing the training and come then as my oh is 38 next i'm worried it will be taken off the skills list and my oh will be too old when i have the experience! Any advice would be gratefully received

Last edited by Smurphy; Aug 26th 2008 at 8:56 pm. Reason: pressed wrong button!
Old May 29th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

sarah1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: training as a hairdresse

Originally Posted by Smurphy
Hi guys

I've always wanted to do hairdressing and am applying for the NVQ level 2 course to start in September but also looking to emigrate to Oz but there seems to be a minefield of things to pass for the TRA - does anyone know what the equivalent in Oz of the level 2 and is there any way round the 900 hours thing.

I am looking to study part time at college as can't afford to take a trainee wage as am 29 and have a daughter of 18 months and need to pay the bills. I would dearly love to go or is it worth waiting and doing the training and come then as my oh is 38 next i'm worried it will be taken off the skills list and my oh will be too old when i have the experience! Any advice would be gratefully received
hello, this is exactly my problem i dont no how i am soppose to do 900 hours in college as i am applying to do part time too. wish someone who new had rep,lied sorry i cant help