Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

trainee hairdressing jobs

trainee hairdressing jobs

Old May 21st 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default trainee hairdressing jobs

Hi everybody,
I wonder if anybody on here can help.
My daughter ois 16 and just left school. She really wants to be a hairdresser and has an opportunity of a trainee hairdressers post here.

However, I have my PR visa and am heading to the Brisbane area hopefully around the end of August (if I ever sell my house ).

Would my daughter have a fair chance of getting a hairdressing apprenticeship over there. If so, will she get paid or will we have to pay for the course? What qualifications will she need? Is she old enough? If she gets paid what type of money will she be looking at? How does she apply?

So many questions .
Hope somebody can helpme.

Thanks,
Tracey.
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:23 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: trainee hairdressing jobs

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi everybody,
I wonder if anybody on here can help.
My daughter ois 16 and just left school. She really wants to be a hairdresser and has an opportunity of a trainee hairdressers post here.

However, I have my PR visa and am heading to the Brisbane area hopefully around the end of August (if I ever sell my house ).

Would my daughter have a fair chance of getting a hairdressing apprenticeship over there. If so, will she get paid or will we have to pay for the course? What qualifications will she need? Is she old enough? If she gets paid what type of money will she be looking at? How does she apply?

So many questions .
Hope somebody can helpme.

Thanks,
Tracey.
Hi, I can't help you personally but if you PM Lisaxxx she may be able to. She's been a good source of info for us fellow hairdressers back in the UK. She is formerly from England now living in Brisbane with her own salon so she may of had experience with trainees and their schemes.
Marie
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

frufrublu is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi, I can't help you personally but if you PM Lisaxxx she may be able to. She's been a good source of info for us fellow hairdressers back in the UK. She is formerly from England now living in Brisbane with her own salon so she may of had experience with trainees and their schemes.
Marie
h there

when you get there try Toni and Guy they offer apprenticeships like they do here where you get paid (not alot though) and train you on the job . Their training is brilliant.All your daughter needs to be is really enthusiastic you could even ask at your local T&G .You could write to them and try before you go. better still try Toni and Guy .co.UK and look at salon locater there are 5 salons in Brisbane.its hard work though for not a lot of money so shes gonna need alot of passion.good luck
(PS i work for Toni and Guy i you was wondering how i know)
Sam x
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frufrublu
h there

when you get there try Toni and Guy they offer apprenticeships like they do here where you get paid (not alot though) and train you on the job . Their training is brilliant.All your daughter needs to be is really enthusiastic you could even ask at your local T&G .You could write to them and try before you go. better still try Toni and Guy .co.UK and look at salon locater there are 5 salons in Brisbane.its hard work though for not a lot of money so shes gonna need alot of passion.good luck
(PS i work for Toni and Guy i you was wondering how i know)
Sam x
Great thanks,
Will have a look later.

Tracey