TRA help needed

Old May 20th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road
Default TRA help needed

Hi all,

I have just started the process of getting into Oz. I have been a chef since 1986 when i first joined the Army as an apprentice Chef, I have 2 years to push and then I am a free man.

My chefing experiences are vast, from the very basics to Royal functions, and I have followed a set military career path passing a mulitude of related civilian qualifications along the way (anyone who knows the structure I have risen from Pte - WO1). I know need to draft my TRA but am unsure of the best way about going about it. What I don't want to do is baffle/bore the reader with pointless military jargon, but I have read on here that the detail required is down to using wooden spoons whilst mixing etc!!

If anyone out there willing to offer any guidance it would be very much appreciated. Congrats to all of you who have got through - look forward to joining you - hopefully!!

Liam
Old May 21st 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA help needed

Hi Liam

Yes you would be right in not baffling them with lots of jargon i would suggest when you list your jobs or functions/courses you have done is to do them in bulliten points keep it simple but clear and never be afraid of listing your achievments.
If i can help in any way drop me a email with any questions you have.

Good luck
Neil
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: TRA help needed

This TRA seems harder to sort out than the visa application! I am at the stage where I have all the paperwork ready to send off but need it certified. Can anyone tell me who can certify the documents as the guidelines are very vague.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Shelley
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

We used a local solicitor to do all our documents.

In return for a dinner party?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:31 am
Just Joined

6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a plan!

Thanks

Shelley
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:15 am
Fur TV No.1 Fan!

ozziedremer is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone can certify your documents that is on the list to countersign a passport.

See http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-countersign.asp

I had a company director sign mine, and we got through fine!

You can also go down to your local County Court and get a JP to do it for free.

Good luck!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

That's great news. Solicitors charge so much I was hoping to avoid them!!

Shelley
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liam Jackson
Hi all,

I have just started the process of getting into Oz. I have been a chef since 1986 when i first joined the Army as an apprentice Chef, I have 2 years to push and then I am a free man.

My chefing experiences are vast, from the very basics to Royal functions, and I have followed a set military career path passing a mulitude of related civilian qualifications along the way (anyone who knows the structure I have risen from Pte - WO1). I know need to draft my TRA but am unsure of the best way about going about it. What I don't want to do is baffle/bore the reader with pointless military jargon, but I have read on here that the detail required is down to using wooden spoons whilst mixing etc!!

If anyone out there willing to offer any guidance it would be very much appreciated. Congrats to all of you who have got through - look forward to joining you - hopefully!!

Liam
Hello, can anybody help us with a TRA application for a chef? How much detail do we need to write? My partner is a senior sous chef in a london restaurant his been employed for 7 years and doesn’t want to ask his employer for reference at this early stage of the application, will this be an issue? will a statutory declaration be suitable to cover this period? also do we need to get references for previous employers from 8 year ago!?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I'm pretty certain that you will need an employers reference for your current employer and you will need to identify all past employers. Our TRA has just gone off and we are waiting for the reply but we had to write off to companies/hotels that no longer existed or had changed hands to ask for confirmation that the did not have the information available , then we did a stat declaration. If you need more help then please send a private message when you can I'll be happy to tell you how far we've got and the results of our application when it comes back.

Good luck, it's a long hard process.

Shelley Matthews
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:39 am
Just Joined

stuandkerri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Liam
Hi Liam,
I am in pretty much the same situation as you; have been in the RAF since 1987 & am hoping to emigrate to oz at the end of my current tour in Brussels (about 2 years from now). I am in the process of my TRA application at the moment (am 45 in Feb so am in a bit of a rush); & have hired an agent to make things easier. How did you got on with your TRA application?

Stu Harmer
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stuandkerri
Hi Liam,
I am in pretty much the same situation as you; have been in the RAF since 1987 & am hoping to emigrate to oz at the end of my current tour in Brussels (about 2 years from now). I am in the process of my TRA application at the moment (am 45 in Feb so am in a bit of a rush); & have hired an agent to make things easier. How did you got on with your TRA application?

Stu Harmer
Stu,

just sent you a PM

Liam
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:17 am
Just Joined

marcoz05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Liam.

I advice anyone applying for this to be very very careful, i heard back that my application was unsuccesful today.
Now my German less qualified friend was succesful, there are many roads that can ruin your application. for some reason i fell short and his chef application was down graded to cook and was accepted where as mine was just rejected.

I have sent them an email and am waiting for a response, i have just spent a year in australia and have a job offer there, so you can imagine this is hard to deal with today but its not the end of the line. i just have to wait and if they say no apply again.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Pommy Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Liam

Hi Liam,

I know exactly what to do - get your skills recognised through recoginition of prior learning. Give me a message and I'll explain the process. I have tried a number of avenues for good clients and this is by far the best way. I can put you in touch with a few good employers as well.

Kind Regards,

Pommy Lee
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Lee
Hi Liam,

I know exactly what to do - get your skills recognised through recoginition of prior learning. Give me a message and I'll explain the process. I have tried a number of avenues for good clients and this is by far the best way. I can put you in touch with a few good employers as well.

Kind Regards,

Pommy Lee
If you are a migration agent you should be putting your MARN in your posts. If you are not an agent then you should not be telling people you will provide personal assistance.

As this thread is over 2 months old I'm not sure why you have resurrected it.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Lee
Hi Liam,

Kind Regards,

Pommy Lee
Please do not use forum posts to tout for business. Suggest your take a quick read of our site rules, particularly rule 9.

Also you need to remove your avatar, we do not allow avatars to be used as and advertising medium and therefore there are not allowed to contain your business logo or name.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.