Reload this Page >

soon to be BSC Quantity surveyor

soon to be BSC Quantity surveyor

Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

adam86w is an unknown quantity at this point
Default soon to be BSC Quantity surveyor

Hello,

I am new to these forums however they seem full of people with real world knowledge. I thought it would be a good starting point for me.

I am currently just about to finish my third year at university in quantity surveying. Upon successful completion i will have a BSC.

I will also have had about a years experience in the contracts department for a multi national oil and gas company. I am looking for an assistant/trainee/junior position. I was interested in seeking this is Dubai however after the recent global economic problems i am a little unsure.

I would really like the opportunity to work abroad, and was just wondering where the best possible opportunities are at just now? Also the best possible way to go about getting noticed?
I realise i am just starting out however i am young, ambitious and have no ties so i feel this is the best time in life to try something new.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated and thankyou for taking the time to read this post.

Regards,
Adam

Last edited by adam86w; Dec 5th 2008 at 5:29 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

holteender_rob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: soon to be BSC Quantity surveyor

Originally Posted by adam86w
Hello,

I am new to these forums however they seem full of people with real world knowledge. I thought it would be a good starting point for me.

I am currently just about to finish my third year at university in quantity surveying. Upon successful completion i will have a BSC.

I will also have had about a years experience in the contracts department for a multi national oil and gas company. I am looking for an assistant/trainee/junior position. I was interested in seeking this is Dubai however after the recent global economic problems i am a little unsure.

I would really like the opportunity to work abroad, and was just wondering where the best possible opportunities are at just now? Also the best possible way to go about getting noticed?
I realise i am just starting out however i am young, ambitious and have no ties so i feel this is the best time in life to try something new.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated and thankyou for taking the time to read this post.

Regards,
Adam

Check out this site, I've seen others mention it on here before, I too am a QS (with a BSC hons), I'm going to the Oz event held in at Chelsea Football Club 21st March with a view to possibly moving next Jan 2010.

Basically from what I gather it's a massive open day event all weekend, tickets are £15 each, but from what I've heard, there's allsorts of resources for gathering info about moving / working in Oz / loads of recruitment companies for employment / information from goverment etc, can all be acquired at these EXPO events.

It's advised you take multiple copies of CV's to hopefully pass on to get sponsorship from an overseas firm.

I expect someone will reply to this thread shedding more light from those that have actually been, but I do also know they hold EXPO events for New Zealand, Gulf States & South Africa so it maybe worth investigating.

Here's the website:

http://www.expo-australia.com/

Hope this helps, good luck!

holteender_rob