Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Royal Australian Navy Question

Royal Australian Navy Question

Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

swanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the rough
Default Royal Australian Navy Question

My partner is ex British Royal Navy, he left in 2005. Would he be able to join the Royal Australian Navy or does he have to be a Australian citizen?

Anyone had any experience with this and could advise, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Australian Navy Question

Fancy that, I never look in here, but my DH is ex Royal Navy and I have excellent google-fu.

I found this on the RAN website:
Citizenship Requirement

Only Australian citizens are permitted to serve in the ADF, however applicants who do not meet this criterion may be considered for a waiver of the citizenship requirement if they are a permanent resident in Australia.

ADF citizenship requirements will be met, for Full-time and Part-time applicants, if either of the following apply:

* You are an Australian citizen; or
* You are a permanent resident who can provide a Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) receipt to prove you have applied for Australian citizenship.

Looks like if you are not yet in Oz with PR status, he would have to join up after moving.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

swanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the roughswanny is a jewel in the rough

many thanks Meauxna
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swanny
many thanks Meauxna
looks like you got way better answers over in the Oz section! Best wishes for your move.