Reload this Page >

retraining for migrating

retraining for migrating

Old Jun 23rd 2015, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Devilburner13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default retraining for migrating

Dear all

I currently work in digital forensics and unfortunately it is not a wanted job anywhere as it is not classed as a skill.

I know this is an odd question but what would people on here consider to be a relatively quick 'skill' to learn/work in as a fast way to retrain?

I would like something that will open a few countries up for me to possibly move to (for example, electricians seem to be wanted everywhere?!), I have no strong ties to anywhere (no house or kids), and can live on relatively little cash.
I have had lots of jobs in different areas and am open minded to whatever is needed.

Many thanks for any replies!!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: retraining for migrating

Hi, I know this post is coming up for a year old. But was browsing round the site and thought I would reply.

Career change is not a quick process, you would be best to look at skills that enhance what you have or find a position in a global company and hope you could wangle a transfer.

As for electrician, that is not a quick skill to learn and more than likely require a 4 year apprenticeship. Once done, and not sure how it is for other countries, but in Australia it is not recognised and you have to redo much of what you have already learnt to get recertified to qualify for Australian standards. Not cheap or easy from what I understand.

Based in your current career, maybe look at IT security, CompTia Security+, CiSSP. They may enhance what you have and is a in demand career and would take less time to learn than an electrician especially since you already have a computer background. Learn Linux to complement this, try downloading Kali linux and setup VirtualBox to run it.