Reload this Page >

registration..please help!

registration..please help!

Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough
Default registration..please help!

Hello,
I'm moving to perth in july2008..i have passed all assesments and have my visa.. i know i have to register but have been told i need to take written and practical exams to get this, can anyone tell me what these exams are like.. i have nvq1,2 and 3 am currently a manager and have lots of training in london from Loreal..worried...; please help..
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:31 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: registration..please help!

Originally Posted by chatty66
Hello,
I'm moving to perth in july2008..i have passed all assesments and have my visa.. i know i have to register but have been told i need to take written and practical exams to get this, can anyone tell me what these exams are like.. i have nvq1,2 and 3 am currently a manager and have lots of training in london from Loreal..worried...; please help..
Hi Chatty66.
Try looking on this website www.hrb.org.au
You do need to be registered if working as a hairdresser in WA & this site gives you all the info. I too am moving to Perth July 2008!
Where abouts are you looking to go? We are hopefully going to Southern River. Keep in touch x
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: registration..please help!

Hi... thanks for the web address...We are hopefully going to the joondalup area.. my family live in perth so want to be close but not that close!!!..would love to keep in touch..its quite a scary thing to do... we hope to be in perth by may but have to sell our house first ..going very slowly so who knows...good luck with your move..chatty66 (Sara)
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:48 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi... thanks for the web address...We are hopefully going to the joondalup area.. my family live in perth so want to be close but not that close!!!..would love to keep in touch..its quite a scary thing to do... we hope to be in perth by may but have to sell our house first ..going very slowly so who knows...good luck with your move..chatty66 (Sara)
Fab!
We visited joonalup last October when we went to Perth. My sister lives in Roleystone & I dont want to live too near her either! lol.
My husbands cousin lives in ocean reef which is near hillarys, some of our friends are in Warnbro, Baldivis, Rockingham & Southern River. So we will be visiting all over perth I think. It would be gr8 to keep in touch. We are hopefully going July this year if things go to plan. Have you got a CO now? We got ours on 5/12 had medicals 13/12 & just waiting now
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Fab!
We visited joonalup last October when we went to Perth. My sister lives in Roleystone & I dont want to live too near her either! lol.
My husbands cousin lives in ocean reef which is near hillarys, some of our friends are in Warnbro, Baldivis, Rockingham & Southern River. So we will be visiting all over perth I think. It would be gr8 to keep in touch. We are hopefully going July this year if things go to plan. Have you got a CO now? We got ours on 5/12 had medicals 13/12 & just waiting now
yes were all finished...have a pr visa ,so at least that is done...just everything else... its good you have friends in and around perth...as i say we have family but dont now anyone our age so looking forward to meeting loads of new people... we have a dog who is being exported tomorrow so its all becoming real..!!! .. how long have you been in hairdressing?...Sara.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:34 am
Living the dream

yes were all finished...have a pr visa ,so at least that is done...just everything else... its good you have friends in and around perth...as i say we have family but dont now anyone our age so looking forward to meeting loads of new people... we have a dog who is being exported tomorrow so its all becoming real..!!! .. how long have you been in hairdressing?...Sara.
I've been a hairdresser for 6 years. I don't work in a salon at the moment just do occasional mobile. My husband is a mechanical Engineer so we have applied under his occupation.
How long will it take for your dog to fly out? When do you fly?
Its really exciting hearing everyone planning their moves. Hope yours goes smoothly. Good luck.... Dawn
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chatty, I'm not a hairdresser but little bear who posts on here now and again is and done the exams etc you were talking about. Shes in Warnbro so should be able to help you. Send her a PM as I know she would be more than happy to help

Lynne
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mick69
Hi Chatty, I'm not a hairdresser but little bear who posts on here now and again is and done the exams etc you were talking about. Shes in Warnbro so should be able to help you. Send her a PM as I know she would be more than happy to help

Lynne
thanks lynne... will do..
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I've been a hairdresser for 6 years. I don't work in a salon at the moment just do occasional mobile. My husband is a mechanical Engineer so we have applied under his occupation.
How long will it take for your dog to fly out? When do you fly?
Its really exciting hearing everyone planning their moves. Hope yours goes smoothly. Good luck.... Dawn
hi dawn.. the dog is there already..safe and well..it took from leaving here to perth about 3 days...miss her but will be there when shes out of kennels.. hopefully we will be leaving here for good may o8.. as soon as we can sell the house we will go..but that seems to be taking a long time...not a good time to be selling a house... oh well fingers crossed... sara..(chartty66)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

suzie p is an unknown quantity at this point

hi first time user i am moving to perth in jul/aug 2008 with husband and two kids ages 4 &7 i,m also a hairdresser have been self-employed for 14 years in a salon would like to do the same in perth or go mobile (registration exams sound scarry) never been to college as all training was done in salon 20 years ago, any info on becoming self-employed as i take it will be different than in the uk

Last edited by suzie p; Jan 22nd 2008 at 6:28 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suzie p
hi first time user i am moving to perth in jul/aug 2008 with husband and two kids ages 4 &7 i,m also a hairdresser have been self-employed for 14 years in a salon would like to do the same in perth or go mobile (registration exams sound scarry) never been to college as all training was done in salon 20 years ago, any info on becoming self-employed as i take it will be different than in the uk
hi suzie..dont know anything about the rules in oz... we all have to be registered so it might be worth contacting someone at the web address at the top of thisthread...hope this helps chatty66
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks sent registration board an email, the replied said they would take into concideration my years of experience but still might have to sit a exam can do nothing more untill we arrive in perth .have you visted perth before, we have never even been to oz, so much to find out where's a nice area to live what the schools are like etc,etc. spent lots of time on the net exploring keep in touch
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:48 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by suzie p
Thanks sent registration board an email, the replied said they would take into concideration my years of experience but still might have to sit a exam can do nothing more untill we arrive in perth .have you visted perth before, we have never even been to oz, so much to find out where's a nice area to live what the schools are like etc,etc. spent lots of time on the net exploring keep in touch

Hi suzie.
I too am a hairdresser & visited Perth in Oct for a recci. I was surprised how many salons had vacancies & one salon in Southern river had closed down the ladies side of the salon as they couldn't find anyone to run it!
There are definatley plenty of hairdressing jobs there not sure of the salary tho. Hope this helps a little bit.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:51 pm
Living the dream

Forgot to mention that they do have mobile hairdressers in Perth but they are usually quite hard to book with as they are soooo busy. I stayed with my sister in Perth in Oct & by the end of the 1st week I was asked by all of her friends if I could do their hair as they had to wait over 3 weeks to get appointments. So looks promising for mobile hairdressers
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

hi its suzie thanks for the reply the more i look in to it the more promising it sounds . company husband works for says there will be plenty of work for him out there (off shore) oil-rigs so now it;s looking at where to live ,nice safe area good schools.kids 4&7 and friendly as he,s away 2 to 3 weeks at a time any info would be great .ps not very good on computor but learning .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.