Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Oil and Gas jobs in Canada

Oil and Gas jobs in Canada

Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil and Gas jobs in Canada

Hi Folks,

I am just starting the process of applying for PR for Canada.

I am really lucky that my current role in the UK is 2 weeks offshore followed by 3 weeks off working in the North Sea.

My employer has also agreed to fund my travel to and from my permanent place of residence when i move to Canada up to £600 per month which really helps with the cost of Air Fares etc.

My plan is to do the commute for a short period of time say 1 year maximum until i find a full time job in Canada.

I would appreciate feedback on the opportunities within the Oil and Gas Industry and also my particular field.

I have the following qualifications:

MSc Safety & Risk Management
NEBOSH Diploma
HSE Approved Offshore Medic

I am keen to hear from people currently working in the Oil and Gas game in Canada, what would be even better would be some information from anyone who has held the NEBOSH previously and carried out a "Conversion" to the Canadian equivalent or re-trained to their standard in order to be employable as a Safety Professional?

Any help appreciated

Regards

Scott