Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

NEED advice on jobs to get me to USA!

NEED advice on jobs to get me to USA!

Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

lampez is an unknown quantity at this point
Question NEED advice on jobs to get me to USA!

Hi. nearly 2 years after I graduated from The University of York and so far failing to get a job on a ACA/CTA scheme and I'm stuck for options of where to go next. My main goal is to live in California. I did a study abroad year at UCSD as part of my degree and fell in love! Luckily my partner has the same goal, but I'm really struggling to think of how best to make the dream a reality.

My degree is in Economics and I'm interested in Tax and Accountancy, but at this point I would be happy to pursue any career that would get me to America. It's more important to me to be living over there in a decently paid job that I can challenge myself in than it is to work in any specific sector.

So really my question is: should I start to self fund the ACA with the hope that I then get a job in this area and get to America, or is there a better idea that I've not thought of??

Any advice is appreciated because I'm really stumped!

ps. my partner is a British citizen and not American (unfortunately) and works in recruitment (which we are hoping is pretty transferable)
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEED advice on jobs to get me to USA!

Might be worth asking this in the US forums, in case any accountants there can help and also so that people can tell you of your chances of a visa.

Good luck!