Moving to the US

Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Vicki Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to the US

Hi,

Im currently planning on moving to the USA, and ive tried looking online to get answers for this question, but i seem to be coming up blank
I am a qualified hairdresser in the UK, I have my NVQ lvl 1 & 2 and i have been working and trained for over 10 years now.
My question is this, what would i need to do in order to be a qualified hairdresser in Indiana, Usa?? would i have to do a full course again? or just a refresher and final exam? if so what would that cost me??

Im soo confused on all this... Please help!

Thanks

Vicki
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the US

Originally Posted by Vicki Collins
Hi,

Im currently planning on moving to the USA, and ive tried looking online to get answers for this question, but i seem to be coming up blank
I am a qualified hairdresser in the UK, I have my NVQ lvl 1 & 2 and i have been working and trained for over 10 years now.
My question is this, what would i need to do in order to be a qualified hairdresser in Indiana, Usa?? would i have to do a full course again? or just a refresher and final exam? if so what would that cost me??

Im soo confused on all this... Please help!

Thanks

Vicki
Vicki, are you moving to join a fiancee or spouse?
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I am, not sure of dates as yet but thats the plan
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:25 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicki Collins
Yes, I am, not sure of dates as yet but thats the plan
Ah ok, just wanted to check. You'd be surprised how many people we get joining who think they can just move over without a visa or anything

Anyway welcome to BE. I bet you are excited about moving.

Sue
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Oh yea, i can understand that, and we have all the Visas etc all arranged and being sorted

Thank you.
Yea i can not wait!

Its just so confusing with the hairdressing situation, as i don't seem to find any information on the internet.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

I don't know much about hairdressing as I am usually the one sitting in the chair getting my hair cut. But check out this site: http://www.in.gov/pla/2712.htm If you can't find the answer there you could always email them and see if you can get more detailed information.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank You!

I will check that out and see what i can find out

Thank you that was a HUGE help! answered all my questions!

Last edited by Vicki Collins; Mar 7th 2012 at 11:48 pm.