licence

Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:07 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default licence

hi im hopeing to arrive in brisbane in july iv worked as a hairdresser for over 10 years can anyone tell me what you need to do to obtain a licence to work?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:08 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: licence

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi im hopeing to arrive in brisbane in july iv worked as a hairdresser for over 10 years can anyone tell me what you need to do to obtain a licence to work?

Hi Kelli..

I am hoping to move to Perth WA soon, just going through the medical stage..

To answer your question, I was under the impression that you had to go through a test to gain a licence..
My agent told me that you don't have to have a test as British hairdressers are of a high standard, if you want to you can sit the test and gain a licence, this will automatically put you in the higher wage bracket..

If I am mistaken, I am sure someone will correct me. I am only passing on what my agent told me..

Apparently we hairdressers are in demand so we should have no trouble finding work.

Good luck

Deb
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Deb and Kelli

Well at last we are here (Mandurah, WA). We have been here for 7 weeks and I have been working for 5 of them (groan). Actually it's pretty good. Yes you do need a licence to be a hairdresser here even the Aussies need one, renewed every year, (88 dollars). And you also need to do a test here, as long as you have your city and guilds certificate you will ONLY have to sit the practical which is 4 hours long and consists of a perm, a set, a restyle, a colour, a blow dry and a barber cut, but on a good note so long as you have your C&G you will be able to work as long as you do your test within 3 months, which is just as well as you have to supply your own models and I don't know that many people yet. I'm not sure of the rules for other states but this is certainly right for WA and I would think that it is similar elsewhere. My husband is an electrician and is having all sorts of problems getting his certification and he is not allowed to work until he has got it.

Going back to hairdressing for a mo' I'm on better wages here than I was in the UK too.

Good luck all, off to work now.

Lindsey
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:42 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi Deb and Kelli

Well at last we are here (Mandurah, WA). We have been here for 7 weeks and I have been working for 5 of them (groan). Actually it's pretty good. Yes you do need a licence to be a hairdresser here even the Aussies need one, renewed every year, (88 dollars). And you also need to do a test here, as long as you have your city and guilds certificate you will ONLY have to sit the practical which is 4 hours long and consists of a perm, a set, a restyle, a colour, a blow dry and a barber cut, but on a good note so long as you have your C&G you will be able to work as long as you do your test within 3 months, which is just as well as you have to supply your own models and I don't know that many people yet. I'm not sure of the rules for other states but this is certainly right for WA and I would think that it is similar elsewhere. My husband is an electrician and is having all sorts of problems getting his certification and he is not allowed to work until he has got it.

Going back to hairdressing for a mo' I'm on better wages here than I was in the UK too.

Good luck all, off to work now.

Lindsey
hi lindsey
good to hear your not slacking off it sounds a bit of a mare this test wonder how much you will have to pay someone to have a perm lol
does anyone know if the same for qld
i hope all goes well with your hubbys licence my hubby needs to get a restricted licence
Old Jan 29th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi kerry, fancy seeing you in here, apparently you dont need a licence in qld unless you want to open a salon,so ive been informed anyway..Maybe we should all get together and open a salon

tracey
Originally Posted by kelli28
hi lindsey
good to hear your not slacking off it sounds a bit of a mare this test wonder how much you will have to pay someone to have a perm lol
does anyone know if the same for qld
i hope all goes well with your hubbys licence my hubby needs to get a restricted licence
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I am pretty happy, I am not jumping around yet, but I am pretty happy. I have found a job over here as a hairdresser. This woman is going to give ma a chance so can get my one years working experience and then next Jan I can put in my application. I am so chuffed!
Looks like I might be at that Hairdressers with you girls in Brisbane!
Move over were coming through
Lace
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya lacey,havent spoken to you for a while,how ya doing?good news about getting a job, is it only one years experience now, thats great from your piont of view,they keep changeing the rules,still im glad its in your favour,never know you might actually enjoy it we ll definately have to get together once we get there seems thers a lot of us going to brissy they wont know whats hit them,lol.
keep in touch,tracey.
Originally Posted by lacey21
I am pretty happy, I am not jumping around yet, but I am pretty happy. I have found a job over here as a hairdresser. This woman is going to give ma a chance so can get my one years working experience and then next Jan I can put in my application. I am so chuffed!
Looks like I might be at that Hairdressers with you girls in Brisbane!
Move over were coming through
Lace
Old Jan 30th 2005, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,
spoke to the migration agent (George) and he said thet if I put in my Diploma in June for the Vetessess and do one years experience on the sol, because my sister lives in a designated area I will be able to apply Next Feb. I may be able to apply earlier as I have been doing some work or this woman for a while now and I just have to work out if it would have been 20 hours a week or not. Soem weeks I did 30 some weeks did less.

I may just enjoy the hairdressing and I have to say there are loads of jobs In brissy. My sister has even lined me up for when I get there.

I hope everyhting works out for you and the drink, well your on. I will be there next year hopefully and we will get fueled out of our heads.
go girl
big bubbly regards
Lace
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:58 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, hopefully I'll be out there in Aug this year, not Brisbane, but not far from there. We'll have to arrange a hairdressers meet as there seems to be a few of us!
And to Lacey, It's not vettesses you need to apply to , it's TRA, or atleast it was for me. Good luck to you now you've got yourself a job.
Marie
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Marie,
I am going out the designated area way. I don't have enough employment time as a hairdresser to go through the TRA so I am sending my Diploma into Vetassess in June then I will have nearly 12 months working experience.
Thank for the adivce petal,
See you at the Hairdressers convention (Errr! I mean knees up) lol
Lace ;0
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:11 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all goes well for you Lacey, will see you there.
Marie
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

lacey thats brilliant news, i didnt realise you could do it like that,so you ll get there a lot quicker than you thought even better,we ll definately get together when we get there, funnily enough i met 2 more hairdresser at the west midlands meet on sunday,i think there both going to brissy as well,lol,lol,me thinks there ll no longer be a shortage once we all get there.
whereabouts does your sister live, i think you did tell me before,but that was a while ago ive forgot sorry.

speak to you soon,tracey.
Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi Tracey,
spoke to the migration agent (George) and he said thet if I put in my Diploma in June for the Vetessess and do one years experience on the sol, because my sister lives in a designated area I will be able to apply Next Feb. I may be able to apply earlier as I have been doing some work or this woman for a while now and I just have to work out if it would have been 20 hours a week or not. Soem weeks I did 30 some weeks did less.

I may just enjoy the hairdressing and I have to say there are loads of jobs In brissy. My sister has even lined me up for when I get there.

I hope everyhting works out for you and the drink, well your on. I will be there next year hopefully and we will get fueled out of our heads.
go girl
big bubbly regards
Lace
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:07 pm
lou-lou

lou-lou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lindsey,
Have submitted my visa app for skilled independant visa as a hairdresser and we are hoping to be out by the end of the year. How long was your wait ?
Am interested to know what you think of Mandurah now that you are living there,I liked it when I visited last year. We are thinking about the Rockingham area at the moment.
Louise
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

alfiewhats65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

[hi there i need some advice, i have 18 years exp in H/D, iam in the process of applying working skills cat, iam a bit worried about some of the information i will have to submit, i was re-entering eduction so for 2 years i worked on the books as p/t gym instructor and cash in hand H/D, i did this for about 2 years, this obviosly leaves a gap in my C.V, iam now concerned that the information i put down could be traced,

Last edited by alfiewhats65; Feb 2nd 2005 at 11:19 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:23 am
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by alfiewhats65
[hi there i need some advice, i have 18 years exp in H/D, iam in the process of applying working skills cat, iam a bit worried about some of the information i will have to submit, i was re-entering eduction so for 2 years i worked on the books as p/t gym instructor and cash in hand H/D, i did this for about 2 years, this obviosly leaves a gap in my C.V, iam now concerned that the information i put down could be traced,
I would't worry about it you seem to have plenty of experience. Aslong as you can provide references you should be fine. The cash in hand bit shouldn't matter either as they don't ask for wage slips or anything to prove is was through the books. A reference from this employer would help though. If you can't get a ref then do a stat dec stating why and that you don't want them to be contacted and they won't do.
Marie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.