I've heard a rumour!!

Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough
Default I've heard a rumour!!

Hello , I've got my skilled entry visa for hairdressing... I've heard a rumour that when you get to oz you cant work straight away and that i might need to be retrained..i have a skills assesment letter saying my qualifications are good..any advise much appreciated
chatty66
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've heard a rumour!!

Originally Posted by chatty66
Hello , I've got my skilled entry visa for hairdressing... I've heard a rumour that when you get to oz you cant work straight away and that i might need to be retrained..i have a skills assesment letter saying my qualifications are good..any advise much appreciated
chatty66
The only thing that can stop you working in as a hairdresser as permanent resident would be if that State had laws that required registration and/or Licensing. I think WA might have some regsitration for hairdressers but I'm not sure what effect, if any, that has on how you would work in WA. So that is all you need to check out - does the State you intend to work in have any compulsory registration and what efefct does this have on the way you intend to operate. If so, what do you need to do to get Registered.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony
The only thing that can stop you working in as a hairdresser as permanent resident would be if that State had laws that required registration and/or Licensing. I think WA might have some regsitration for hairdressers but I'm not sure what effect, if any, that has on how you would work in WA. So that is all you need to check out - does the State you intend to work in have any compulsory registration and what efefct does this have on the way you intend to operate. If so, what do you need to do to get Registered.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
thanks tony.. I'm going to perth,any ideas on how to get the info i need..
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

thanks tony.. I'm going to perth,any ideas on how to get the info i need..
this is their web-site

http://www.hrb.org.au

contact them direct and find out what you can do without being Registered - and what it takes to become registered. It may not be compulsory and there is always talk about aboloshing the WA Registration Board.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
this is their web-site

http://www.hrb.org.au

contact them direct and find out what you can do without being Registered - and what it takes to become registered. It may not be compulsory and there is always talk about aboloshing the WA Registration Board.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
I'll move this to the hairdressing forum - bound to be someone in there whos done it
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

chatty66
Hi chatty66

i arrived in Perth on 26th Feb, started actively looking for work last Thurs and started job this Wed, yes you do have to register but i believe (please anyone quote me if i am wrong) you have up to three months to register but can be working in that period, there is a lot of info on the HRB website as another poster said, i have also read on here that they may be doing away with the exam part in a couple of years but not 100% sure of that, do you know what part you're heading for yet?

littlre bear x
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by little bear
Hi chatty66

i arrived in Perth on 26th Feb, started actively looking for work last Thurs and started job this Wed, yes you do have to register but i believe (please anyone quote me if i am wrong) you have up to three months to register but can be working in that period, there is a lot of info on the HRB website as another poster said, i have also read on here that they may be doing away with the exam part in a couple of years but not 100% sure of that, do you know what part you're heading for yet?

littlre bear x
hi.. were going to joondalup.. far away enough from my parents who live in perth!!..think i might try for work in perth.. seemed to be nicer salons!! well done for getting your job 'where are you..? how has it been since you got there... the exams sound a bit scary.. although i've got all my nvq quali's it was a long time ago... i've heard the hardest part is trying to find your own models.. but i suppose your salon might help you out on that one... chatty66
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

hi.. were going to joondalup.. far away enough from my parents who live in perth!!..think i might try for work in perth.. seemed to be nicer salons!! well done for getting your job 'where are you..? how has it been since you got there... the exams sound a bit scary.. although i've got all my nvq quali's it was a long time ago... i've heard the hardest part is trying to find your own models.. but i suppose your salon might help you out on that one... chatty66
Hi chatty66

we are in Warnbro, the job i had (yes past tense) was in Rockingham City Centre, its a very well know retail out front and salon out back place (don't want to say name on here really) was a bit of a shambles and one girl very obviously took a disliking to me, it was like working in a shoe box-very clostafobic, a client i did on sat said to me 'now you're gonna leave too are you cos the last two girls that did my hair left after a week'-wonder why-total chaos, nobody showed me where anything was and i was told 'not to use that trolley cos its -------'s trolley' with a tone of warning in it,plus lots of other nigly things, so after a sunday of thinking i don't wanna be there i phoned this morning and said sorry i won't be coming back, shame cos the clients were really nice, but i haven't moved to the other side of the world to hate my job.

Rant over!!!- we arrived 5 wks ago today, apart from the job thing we all love it so far, still waiating for our container to arrive but manged to get a rental within the first couple of weeks and its only a few doors down from where our house build is going to be, kids in schools and happy, hubby started work last Thur and so far so good.

We are totally billy no mates as we don't really know anyone here at all so yes getting the models side is tricky but i reckon if you are in a good and helpful salon then it shouldn't be a problem, once you're out here working the exam side will be fine, its just the thought of it i think, would recommend doing your resume (CV) and print off copies before you come out as although we are on-line at our rental now still not got our printer so have to print off at library (cheap but just a bit of a pain)

anything else i can help with just shout

little bear x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi chatty66

Its me again-have just been driving around dropping in my resume to a few local salons-the last one i went in asked me if i was registered, i said no as i wanted to do it once i got a job, she then told me that she thought there were some restrictions on working before registration. I have just called the HRB and explained that i had done a week in a salon and not even met my boss yet and she told me that i should have applied for an 'authority to work' permit and then when i get a job my boss will contact the HRB. she just said not to worry about it as i was obviously panicking that i had only been here 5 wks and had theoretically broken the law!!!! Anyway, there is an application form on its way to me in the post and i need to send it back before i get a job, will have to make sure i get a job in a helpful & friendly salon to be able to get models for the exams-this is where you tend to get a tinge of 'god i'm on my own here' failing that i shall just drag people in off the street

cheers

little bear x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Hi Littke bear

I am hoping to move to Mandurah when i gain my P.R. (expecting June). If i am correct Warnbro and/or Rockingham is not very far (websites) from Mandurah. Have you thought about finding jobs there.

About HRB, since registration is compulsory, what is the best time to apply. I mean can i fill in the form prior i move or this can only be done one in Oz.
Finally i understand there are written tests too and the concerned modules are related to Perming and Colouring. Do you know where to find, buy and/or download those modules.

Thnaks a lot
Karen
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi chatty66

Its me again-have just been driving around dropping in my resume to a few local salons-the last one i went in asked me if i was registered, i said no as i wanted to do it once i got a job, she then told me that she thought there were some restrictions on working before registration. I have just called the HRB and explained that i had done a week in a salon and not even met my boss yet and she told me that i should have applied for an 'authority to work' permit and then when i get a job my boss will contact the HRB. she just said not to worry about it as i was obviously panicking that i had only been here 5 wks and had theoretically broken the law!!!! Anyway, there is an application form on its way to me in the post and i need to send it back before i get a job, will have to make sure i get a job in a helpful & friendly salon to be able to get models for the exams-this is where you tend to get a tinge of 'god i'm on my own here' failing that i shall just drag people in off the street

cheers

little bear x
Hey.. sounds a bit traumatic...but you were right to leave your job.. hairdressers can be funny creatures and even the nicest have a tendency to guard there brushes and trolleys with there or your life.. so why put up with it from a salon you werent happy in anyway!!..
I've had a thought regards your models... my folks live in perth..in there 70's so perming might be in order.. they must have friends who need a freeby..i know of one in mandurrah..if you pm me your email i can hopefully give you some contacts..might not happen but worth a try... are you near joondalup or the other end?..everything else sounds good.. how old are your kids and what does your partner do..hope i can help.. chatty66
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by olauf
Hi Littke bear

I am hoping to move to Mandurah when i gain my P.R. (expecting June). If i am correct Warnbro and/or Rockingham is not very far (websites) from Mandurah. Have you thought about finding jobs there.

About HRB, since registration is compulsory, what is the best time to apply. I mean can i fill in the form prior i move or this can only be done one in Oz.
Finally i understand there are written tests too and the concerned modules are related to Perming and Colouring. Do you know where to find, buy and/or download those modules.

Thnaks a lot
Karen
hi karen.. you have to apply once you are in oz... i think... also the perming and colouring modules are the equivalent to nvq 3 modules..also i think...
good luck chatty66
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

hi everyone

the story so far- - - - - have been in bed for two days totally floored with a throat infection, so have tired and tested the medical side of Oz as we have medicare but no private health insurance as yet (had be researching it online the day before i fell ill), anyway, i have recieved the forms from HRB and i have to put in my registration application before i can apply for an 'authority to work', not quite sure how it will work if i am called in for exams and need models if i'm not in a salon though!!!!!!! (will be pm'ing you chatty66 if you don't mind).

I have some of the paperwork i will need in our container that is due to be delivered in a weeks time as thankfully it cleared through customs within a few day (thank you god) so will then be putting together my application and just see how i go, i may be putting a post on here saying 'Models Required' yet, (olauf) yes was also going to head down to Mandurah as not far at all), as you all have probably seen i had put on a post about registration/exams but no replies as yet!!!!!!!

cheers

little bear x
Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

hi everyone

the story so far- - - - - have been in bed for two days totally floored with a throat infection, so have tired and tested the medical side of Oz as we have medicare but no private health insurance as yet (had be researching it online the day before i fell ill), anyway, i have recieved the forms from HRB and i have to put in my registration application before i can apply for an 'authority to work', not quite sure how it will work if i am called in for exams and need models if i'm not in a salon though!!!!!!! (will be pm'ing you chatty66 if you don't mind).

I have some of the paperwork i will need in our container that is due to be delivered in a weeks time as thankfully it cleared through customs within a few day (thank you god) so will then be putting together my application and just see how i go, i may be putting a post on here saying 'Models Required' yet, (olauf) yes was also going to head down to Mandurah as not far at all), as you all have probably seen i had put on a post about registration/exams but no replies as yet!!!!!!!

cheers

little bear x
hope your feeling better... sounds a bit rough for you.. hang on in there .thousands have done this bloody registration lark before you so it cant be that bad... but i have just got a level 3 text book so that i can revise a bit.. dont remember tha last time i did perming theory!!!!!!..life can be poo!!!.. let me know about your models..chatty66
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

hope your feeling better... sounds a bit rough for you.. hang on in there .thousands have done this bloody registration lark before you so it cant be that bad... but i have just got a level 3 text book so that i can revise a bit.. dont remember tha last time i did perming theory!!!!!!..life can be poo!!!.. let me know about your models..chatty66
Hi chatty,

sorry its been a while, the time had just whizzed by!!!! anyway i thought i would let you know how its all going now-have finally managed to get some money out of the salon i did a weeks work for, allbeit alot less than i had calculated but after 3 phone calls i was sort of expecting to be stitched up once i have banked the cheque and its cleared, i will then get in contact again for a payslip!!! as they have chosen to omit that so far!

right, there was a job advertised in our local paper last Wed for a new salon opening in May, i called at 7pm that night and left a message in the mobile number, she called me back at 8 the next morning and we met up at midday for a chat, its a partnership-the non hairdressing lady already owns 2 salons locally (warnbro & mandurah) and the hairdressing partner has been running the warnbro one but wanted to open her own, so they have decided to open this new one in the new Baldivis shopping center. I have got to do a trade test this thurs and my neighbour is going to be my model for me, there is also another guy who will be working there and we are all from the same area in the UK (within approx 30mile radius) and my proposed boss has said not to worry about the registration as they will help me with all that, so thats great, she seems really nice and we are on the same wave length, she has been here 6 yrs and said she had a similar experience to me in the first salon she worked in and only stayed a week too, annyway, i will let you know how i get on,

cheers

little bear x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.