It's driving me nuts!!

Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

crispysince70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's driving me nuts!!

Decidid we really wanted ot move to Aus in Jan.Started looking for my City& Guilds level 2 to apply for TRA (22 years in trade,14 yrs own business) couldn't find it.Applied City & Guild for replacement,no luck,applied to edexcel to see if they had records,no luck,asked original training group (dimensions) for records,no luck,applied to college attended,they kept no records,asked HABIA for records,no records kept,sent letter off to MP for apprentships as a last resort, they directed me back to HABIA, who I already knew had no records.

I can not believe that NOBODY has any records of ANYBODY that qualified as a hairdresser whilst on a YTS scheme.

I have had to re-qualify as a hairdresser (Level 3 now) just to get the godamn paperwork to apply for the TRA!!

Am now just waiting for the paper certificate to come back so we can finally go for it!!

Would just like to know if anyone else has had trouble getting replacement certificates?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice
Default Re: It's driving me nuts!!

Originally Posted by crispysince70
Decidid we really wanted ot move to Aus in Jan.Started looking for my City& Guilds level 2 to apply for TRA (22 years in trade,14 yrs own business) couldn't find it.Applied City & Guild for replacement,no luck,applied to edexcel to see if they had records,no luck,asked original training group (dimensions) for records,no luck,applied to college attended,they kept no records,asked HABIA for records,no records kept,sent letter off to MP for apprentships as a last resort, they directed me back to HABIA, who I already knew had no records.

I can not believe that NOBODY has any records of ANYBODY that qualified as a hairdresser whilst on a YTS scheme.

I have had to re-qualify as a hairdresser (Level 3 now) just to get the godamn paperwork to apply for the TRA!!

Am now just waiting for the paper certificate to come back so we can finally go for it!!

Would just like to know if anyone else has had trouble getting replacement certificates?
Hello cant believe that
I am head of dept at a training provider your awarding body should have records prob just cant be botherd
at least u got ur level 3 now
were r u wanting to go to?
Carl
Old Sep 27th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Carl, we (think!) we want to go to Queensland,possibly Brisbane, am going over at the beginning of next year to have a little look.
Where are you going?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

we were planning to go to brissbane but they are holding off on issuing out visas due to the economic downturn, we are no longer on the skills shortage list. However we are going to tasmania as hairdressers are on the skills shortage list. just lodged our application should recieve visa by 8 weeks time so our agent said.

we had our hearts on brisbanne even though we av never been to Oz. but getting used to the idea of taz now

regards carl
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again were in the UK are you and wasig a Goldwell dimensions you trained in?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi. it was done through Dimensions (Castleford) It's that long ago I can't remember if it was anything to do wiht Goldwell, I qualified in 1989, and it was the hairdressing training board that was the qualifing body. I don't suppose you have any inside info do you?? lol

Last edited by crispysince70; Sep 29th 2009 at 9:07 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Are you going to work for someone in Tasmaia or are you going to open up your own salon? I was wondering how hard it would be to set up your own business over there? I just can't imagine at the moment working for someone else after all these years working for myself!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Are you going to work for someone in Tasmaia or are you going to open up your own salon? I was wondering how hard it would be to set up your own business over there? I just can't imagine at the moment working for someone else after all these years working for myself!
i am going to own a salon been looking and i have found a salon and training school so will think about that too coz i do like the training side of things

some areas you need a licence to practice

are you wanting your own place?
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

That would be something that I would ideally like to do, but I don't know how hard it would be. I own a barbers shop in Hemsworth nr Pontefract at the moment and would definatly rather work for myself again.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

That would be something that I would ideally like to do, but I don't know how hard it would be. I own a barbers shop in Hemsworth nr Pontefract at the moment and would definatly rather work for myself again.
running a training school is not a walk in the park i have been to leeds n manchester this week to meetings with awarding bodies, there is a lot more to it than i ever thought there wuld be when i first started but it is worth it when ur learners achieve what they set out too. some of my old learners that i haveseen through their level 2 & 3 are now back with us as employers.
how far are you with your application process.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

i will try to find out the phone number for replacment certs for u
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

We can't do anything until I get my level 3 cert back, which I'm hoping will be in the next month or so, then we can apply to the TRA then for the visa itself.

If you have any info as to getting a replacement for the level 2 then I would be eternally gratefull, but everyone that I've spoken to or applied to allways comes back with a negative. Edexcel seemed to be the most postive untill I applied to them, and I personally know someone who works for HABIA (who took over from the Hairdressing Training Board) who also came back with a blank.

I'm just watching the post every day now for the level 3.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

We can't do anything until I get my level 3 cert back, which I'm hoping will be in the next month or so, then we can apply to the TRA then for the visa itself.

If you have any info as to getting a replacement for the level 2 then I would be eternally gratefull, but everyone that I've spoken to or applied to allways comes back with a negative. Edexcel seemed to be the most postive untill I applied to them, and I personally know someone who works for HABIA (who took over from the Hairdressing Training Board) who also came back with a blank.

I'm just watching the post every day now for the level 3.
do you know who your awading body was? ie. City & Guilds who is it you know at HABIA

we started of going to brisbane but ended up going state sponsership hense Tas you can get a visa in a few weeks

give it a thought depends how soon u want to be there
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:07 am
Just Joined

daydream is an unknown quantity at this point

I too cannot find a record of my qualifications datin back to the same time period as crispy.........its unreal that there is no record of them aywhere,its just not on to be honest....what was the point in them if u cannot prove them?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,daydream have you tried anywhere that I havn't tried? I was wondering if anything could be done to publisies this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.