Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

A Great British Hairdresser.

A Great British Hairdresser.

Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:24 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Hi mandrew, have sent you a pm regarding your above post.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lesley,

To be completely honest any hairdresser is in demand, last Saturday there were 34 jobs for hairdressers in the paper and one of them even said name your hours and name your price, we'll employ you. The salon where I am working has had 20 different staff in the last three years and there is only room for 2 stylists at a time in the salon. They are looking for loyal staff who will stay with them and build a clientele and I think thats where we win over the Australians who seem to go off travelling a lot and instead of taking leave from their jobs, resign knowing full well they'll get another one without a problem, thats not a criticism of the Aussies cos I'm sure I'd do the same given my time over.

So don't worry about getting a job once you get here, "no worries"

Lindsey
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Hi Lisa,
some one has just wrote on another thread that the TRA now needs no work experience. I qualify as a hairdresser this June but have no experience. All my sisters live in Oz sponsor me and I will come out and work for you in a flash. Cheeky but well, you have to be cos I have no idea what is happening wiht the TRA
cheers
Lace
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

elliet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi Lisa,
some one has just wrote on another thread that the TRA now needs no work experience. I qualify as a hairdresser this June but have no experience. All my sisters live in Oz sponsor me and I will come out and work for you in a flash. Cheeky but well, you have to be cos I have no idea what is happening wiht the TRA
cheers
Lace
Hi I am new to this site and haven't even started my application. however I was told by an agent that I needed 6yrs w/ex paid (taxable). is this not the case anymore, you see I am fully qualified but haven't paid tax for a while, can anyone help with this query.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

elliet is an unknown quantity at this point

hi me again. just found this.
---------------------------
Allocation of MODL Points to Hairdressers
This arrangement applies to applications made on or after 8 September 2004 .

Hairdressers with a positive skills assessment from Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) will receive MODL points. They will not be required to demonstrate that they have at least 3 years relevant experience following completion of their hairdressing qualification in order to receive MODL points.

Allocation of points for hairdressers Points
If you have a have a job offer as a hairdresser in Australia from an organisation that has employed at least 10 people on a full time basis in the 24 months immediately prior to the date you lodged your application 20
If you do not have a job offer as a hairdresser in Australia 15

Applicants with a suitable skills assessment in their nominated occupation of hairdresser will be eligible to receive 60 points plus the MODL points.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah been here, done this!
You can only get the MODL points if you are still assessed by the TRA, I know it is confusing but you are clutching at straws. Booklet 6 is a guide line but guide lines can change and the only way to make sure you are up to date with the changes is if you speak to an agent.
Good Luck, I am a Hairdresser you will need it if you haven't got 6/7 years experience.
Lace
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

daz101966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Hi Leslie, I have a salon in Brisbane and would be glad to offer you a job.
When do you envisage arriving?
lisa
Hi Lisa i am returning a reply to you but it is not from Leslie! my name is Sharon and i am eagerly waiting for my date to go for my medicals visa app is in i have 20 yrs experience as a hairdresser been a salon owner and i am currently teaching level 1,2&3 plus i am a barbering tutor and will be moving to Brisbane hopefully by Sept/Nov of this year probably in Kenmore/Chapelhill area and will be looking for work when i arrive, and hope my experience will be benefical to some one, would be nice to have a friendly contact to come and see when i get there
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Hi Leslie, I have a salon in Brisbane and would be glad to offer you a job.
When do you envisage arriving?
lisa
Hi Lisa i am returning a reply to you but it is not from Leslie! my name is Sharon and i am eagerly waiting for my date to go for my medicals visa app is in i have 20 yrs experience as a hairdresser been a salon owner and i am currently teaching level 1,2&3 plus i am a barbering tutor and will be moving to Brisbane hopefully by Sept/Nov of this year probably in Kenmore/Chapelhill area and will be looking for work when i arrive, and hope my experience will be benefical to some one, would be nice to have a friendly contact to come and see when i get there
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by daz101966
Hello Sharon,
with your experience you should'nt have any problem getting work as there is a chronic shortage of hairdressers here. I would be delighted for you to contact me when you arrive. We are @ Lisa Jones Hair, Grange, Brisbane
All the best with everything,
Lisa
Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

I wish you all the best in Adelaide, but if you change your mind
Lisa
Hi Lisa i think i have spoke to you before my names Sharon and i should be in Brisbane by Oct/Nov just waiting for visas in passport, i will be looking for a job! soon as i arrive i have 20yrs experience managed salons been a proprietor and i am currently teaching Hairdressing level 1,2&3/Barbering but would love to be back in a salon. Could you possibly tell me the name of your salon in Brisbane and maybe when i arrive i could pop in for a chat
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Lisa,
can't you get a few of us over then,
I have NVQ2 and will be doing the diploma in Sept if I am not over there by then lol
lace x
Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

debdex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa,
can't you get a few of us over then,
I have NVQ2 and will be doing the diploma in Sept if I am not over there by then lol
lace x

very interesting to read all ur messages im hoping to be coming to oz nxt year so would like to keep in touch with every1 as would be nice to meet some other english hairdressers when there

xx
Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:39 am
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lovekylie
Hi new to this very interested to hear u r going to caloundra,i live just 10 mins up the road have owned a hair shop here and would love to know if you have been here before to aus?If there is anything you want to know email or do this forum thing.Anybody out there worried about this licence thing don't bother its a load of aussie b------t.
Hi my name is emma, i am coming to the sunshine coast in October, would love to meet up with you at your salon and ask you loads of questions, i am hoping to move over in about a year and set up my own salon, i currently run a small salon here in Bristol. What is the licence thing? what do i need a licence for and how do i go about getting one? Please help !!!! :scared:
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As far as I am aware (however I am in Perth) you just show your certificates and they decide if you need to take some sort of test or not.

I have a job here in Perth and my employer is sorting that for me.

hope this helps and good luck

hugs Lace xxx
Old Jun 25th 2006, 4:00 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

As far as I am aware (however I am in Perth) you just show your certificates and they decide if you need to take some sort of test or not.

I have a job here in Perth and my employer is sorting that for me.

hope this helps and good luck

hugs Lace xxx
thank you lacey, are there many wella salons over in perth - what products are popular, GHD, Wella, TiGi etc? also i was thinking of doing a hair extensions course, is Raccoon hair extensions over in perth, if not what brand is popular?? x x x x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.