Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

A Great British Hairdresser.

A Great British Hairdresser.

Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:17 pm
Party Pom

Yorkshire will become famous soon enoughYorkshire will become famous soon enough
Question A Great British Hairdresser.

Hiya to ya all,

My name is Lesley and I am a tried & tested hairdresser for over 16 years. I currently own a shop in East Yorkshire and my family and I hope to be in Aus by next September.

I am in the middle of a 136 application which has all been sent onto the TRA and now I just sit and wait for it all to begin. I have been told that British Hairdressers are in demand???

Can anyone shine any light on this matter for me?

Thanks

Lesley.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:48 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Originally Posted by Yorkshire
Hiya to ya all,

My name is Lesley and I am a tried & tested hairdresser for over 16 years. I currently own a shop in East Yorkshire and my family and I hope to be in Aus by next September.

I am in the middle of a 136 application which has all been sent onto the TRA and now I just sit and wait for it all to begin. I have been told that British Hairdressers are in demand???

Thanks

Lesley.
Are you having an identity crisis? In your profile you're male and a Finance Account Manager...

BTW- best to delete this message and repost on the Oz and NZ forum instead. It would be more appropriate.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 7th 2004, 9:51 am
Party Pom

Yorkshire will become famous soon enoughYorkshire will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Are you having an identity crisis? In your profile you're male and a Finance Account Manager...

BTW- best to delete this message and repost on the Oz and NZ forum instead. It would be more appropriate.

NC Penguin

NC,

No mate. Everything is ok. My wife decided to hog the computer and put her little stamp on matters.

Steve.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya to ya all,

Thanks

Lesley.
Are you sure you want to go to Oz? You could buy a shop in Texas and move here instead - I've been here almost two years and have yet to find a great hairdresser. I have to wait for a re-style until my sister (who is a hairdresser) comes over from the UK.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 9:16 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Hiya to ya all,

Thanks

Lesley.
Hairdressers are currently in the "high want" want list...so command an extra 10 points on top of the normal 60 points for occupation and your visa actually gets processed quicker...(I think) well Im fairly sure...but I will stand to be corrected...best of luck..but shouldnt think you'll need it...
Old Dec 26th 2004, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

yes,very high demand,Try these links

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/search/..._newspaper.cfm

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/search/...consultant.cfm

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/search/...h_employer.cfm
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:22 pm
Party Pom

Thumbs up Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Thank you very much for your valuble information.

Lesley.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much for your valuble information.

Lesley.
Hi Leslie, I have a salon in Brisbane and would be glad to offer you a job.
When do you envisage arriving?
lisa
Old Jan 1st 2005, 4:45 pm
Party Pom

Smile Re: A Great British Hairdresser.

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Hi Leslie, I have a salon in Brisbane and would be glad to offer you a job.
When do you envisage arriving?
lisa
Thanks for the offer Lisa!! You are so nice. But we will be settling in Adelaide as we have many family members who live there.

Lesley.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:19 pm
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

Hiya to ya all,

Thanks

Lesley.

Hi there
Should I book an appointment now for September then? We are in York but moving to Adelaide as soon as the house sells (gotta go before July)
By the way Adelaidebrits are having a get together at the end of January near Leeds/Bradford Airport if you fancy meeting up.

Get your appoinhtment book ready - there's four of us!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the offer Lisa!! You are so nice. But we will be settling in Adelaide as we have many family members who live there.

Lesley.
I wish you all the best in Adelaide, but if you change your mind
Lisa
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

My names Drew and im in yorkshire too. We get 60 points (the max.) plus recently another twenty points ,and if you want to go to S.OZ,Victoria or Tasmania you only need a total of 70 points but you have to live and work in the state you pick for two years. Need more help mail me on [email protected] or ph. 07799623737 after 7 pm.and ill be happy to help. Getting stuff tgether for TRA application now,but going through Vic. government for perm. res. sponsorship .
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:37 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am heading to Brisbane area but most probably Caloundra as I have first refusal on a salon selling up in Dec. This is assuming I can be over there by then. I sent form to DIMIA this morning. As for the TRA assessment you get 60 points for being a hairdresser, an additional 15 points as it's on the MODL and a further 5 points if you have a job to go to. Good luck in your application and I'm always hear to help all you fellow hairdressers. You never know I may be able to offer jobs if all goes well.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

lovekylie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi, I am heading to Brisbane area but most probably Caloundra as I have first refusal on a salon selling up in Dec. This is assuming I can be over there by then. I sent form to DIMIA this morning. As for the TRA assessment you get 60 points for being a hairdresser, an additional 15 points as it's on the MODL and a further 5 points if you have a job to go to. Good luck in your application and I'm always hear to help all you fellow hairdressers. You never know I may be able to offer jobs if all goes well.

Hi new to this very interested to hear u r going to caloundra,i live just 10 mins up the road have owned a hair shop here and would love to know if you have been here before to aus?If there is anything you want to know email or do this forum thing.Anybody out there worried about this licence thing don't bother its a load of aussie b------t.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Please can you shed some light on the TRA application as i assume you have got yours back. Did they contact your previous employers and how long did the process take? Im having some trouble with previous employers not there anymore. I also did a 3 yr apprenticeship at sassoon and got my certificate with 2 yrs written on it!because they cut the training down to 2 yrs 3 months before i left. Have been doing this 18 yrs. however,still a megger pain to get x employers to do anything these days. Ta v.much. Drew. [email protected] please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.