City and Guilds Help

Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:19 am
Just Joined

katcam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: City and Guilds Help

I have been reading all your comments about city & guilds for chefs. My husband is a head chef with over 20 years experience but never completed his 706/2. He has never needed it in the UK/Ireland and has had no probs getting jobs but we have been advised that he needs this to pass his TRA. Has anyone passed the TRA as a chef or cook without 706/2? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:40 am
Fur TV No.1 Fan!

ozziedremer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Up until September last year you didn't need a qualification, just experience, but I'm afraid now you do. (Pathway D).

I'm no expert but I'd recommend getting some advice from an agent. (I've heard Allan Collette at gomatilda.com is very good)?

Good Luck!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

katcam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ozziedremer for your reply. I will contact him and see what options are available.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

vmax is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My husband has 15 years experience as a chef and completed loads of modules on a special course run by his employer and was told it was the equivalent as SVQ2.

We applied for our TRA giving details of all his experience (which went on for about 20 A4 sheets) and provided proof of all the modules he'd completed but we failed!! We were gutted but having spoken to people at TRA we are hopeful that when the new pathway is introduced in September we should be successful based on modules completed and his experience.

We were told the only reason we failed was that we had no proof the modules completed were sufficient for SVQ2 (We didn't have a certificate certifying this).

Good luck

Christine
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Quinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: City and Guilds Help

Hi Tigeress,

I know your thread on the 706/ 1 & 2 are well out of date and you're probably well settled into life in Aus - but for us Newbies the questions you guys asked are such a valuable source of info.....so i'm hoing you can help?

I'm at the very beginning of wanting to move to Australia - i'm meeting a migration agent this week and may have to rely on my 706/1 & 2 certs for maximum points - trouble is i lost the certs years ago so i'll have City & Guilds do the search - but will i also need separate searches for the syllabus as well?

How did you get on when you put your application through?

Regards

Quinn
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:51 am
Just Joined

6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: City and Guilds Help

Hi Quin,

I'm not tigress but I am still in the process of visa applications. I've just sent off my husbands TRA.

Drop me a PM and I'll happily let you know how we are doing and give you more details on how we went about applying.

Good luck and look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Shelley Matthews
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Hi Shelly,

thanks for getting back to me - the Mods have put a block on PM's for people with more than 3 posts - not sure what thats about but couldn't Pm you

Any advice your guys have would be fantastic - feel free to email me or PM....

cheers

kev

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 22nd 2008 at 7:12 am. Reason: email address removed for privacy and anti-spam reasons
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinn
Hi Shelly,

thanks for getting back to me - the Mods have put a block on PM's for people with more than 3 posts - not sure what thats about but couldn't Pm you

Any advice your guys have would be fantastic - feel free to email me or PM....

cheers

kev
There is a restriction on sending private messages until you have got at least 3 posts. Its part of BE's anti-spam system. You now have two posts, once you have one more you have access to your private messages
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks Pollyanna,

i guess thats 3

Kev
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by Quinn
Hi Tigeress,

I know your thread on the 706/ 1 & 2 are well out of date and you're probably well settled into life in Aus - but for us Newbies the questions you guys asked are such a valuable source of info.....so i'm hoing you can help?

I'm at the very beginning of wanting to move to Australia - i'm meeting a migration agent this week and may have to rely on my 706/1 & 2 certs for maximum points - trouble is i lost the certs years ago so i'll have City & Guilds do the search - but will i also need separate searches for the syllabus as well?

How did you get on when you put your application through?

Regards

Quinn

Hey Quinn

I see that 6Tollgate is helping you if you need any other help please ask. Good luck in your information gathering, it really is worth it all when you get to where you want to be.

6Tollgate how are you getting on? That visa must nearly be yours now?

Good Luck all
Nicky
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough

Hi Nicky,

Getting closer! Looking to move next September when the eldest son has done his exams, so we have time to spare.

Thanks for your help.

Shelley
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Mireille.L is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozziedremer
Hi Everyone,

My OH is chef and the good people at City & Guild have just sent me a lovely long list of syllabus for 7061/2/and 3 !! Anyone wants a copy, just mail me with your email address.

Sal
Hi Sal,

Not sure if my PM is working as yet, it would be much appreciated if you can send me the C & G syllabus to my email address:[email protected].

Kind regards,

Mireille
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

david1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
No problem please PM me and I will send it to you. It is best to send all of this info as I failed the first time as they said not enough info. The TRA do want to see the syllabus or at least for the majority of us they have asked for it. Better to have too much information than not enough.
hello to any one out there just trying to get info on syllabusses for city and guilds 706/1 706/2 does any one have copys of the syllabuses just on the long way to filling out the tra skills much appreciated any help
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:24 am
Just Joined

any one have the syllabus for 706/1 and 2 just on the long road to filling the relevant documents any help please would be appreciated
dav
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozziedremer
Hi

Up until September last year you didn't need a qualification, just experience, but I'm afraid now you do. (Pathway D).

I'm no expert but I'd recommend getting some advice from an agent. (I've heard Allan Collette at gomatilda.com is very good)?

Good Luck!
hello trying to get info for the tra and need the sylabus for city and guilds 706/1 and 2 any chance you have the copys would be much appreciated if you have them can reply to [email protected] and i have 707/1/2 and also 120/1 should i submit those as well???
regards
dav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.