Chefs/wives Support...

Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Pommy Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chefs/wives Support...

Originally Posted by adams family
55,000-75,000 $ Where did you get the salary range from? Are you presently earning that sort of money on ozz or is it through research?
Well put it this way, the new Minnimum salary for a temporary visa is $45,220 and the good chefs we have got jobs for are getting more than that after the trial period.

Have you got the TRA requirement out of the way?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:49 am
Just Joined

adams family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pommy Lee
Well put it this way, the new Minnimum salary for a temporary visa is $45,220 and the good chefs we have got jobs for are getting more than that after the trial period.

Have you got the TRA requirement out of the way?
Yes everything is in place, just got back from ozz after a validation trip to find a offer has been made on our house. We will be out thee by Oct.good Jobs seem to be drying up on the gold coast at the moment, do you know what it's like for other areas?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Pommy Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adams family
Yes everything is in place, just got back from ozz after a validation trip to find a offer has been made on our house. We will be out thee by Oct.good Jobs seem to be drying up on the gold coast at the moment, do you know what it's like for other areas?
All things being equal - I have to say there is better money to be made in Victoria and Perth; there is less competition there.

It will be a little tough starting up on the Gold Coast - sincerely, I have made the big move myself and looking back I cannot say I have regretted it; I live on the Gold Coast too.

<<snip>>

It is always a pleasure helping a fellow countryman (or woman in your case!)

Lee X

Last edited by Sue; Jul 7th 2009 at 11:44 am. Reason: Comment removed. Please do not use forum posts to tout for business. Read rule 9 of site rules. Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Elisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

This is Elisha , am looking up for PR in Australia. Can anyone help me out for a TRA assessment process , I require a small help from you guys. Can nyone provide me with the sample Job Description, reference letters write up.. and i would also like to know regarding the technical assessment. Its Urgent plzz, Your information & Reply would be of Gr8 help..plzzz expecting your reply soon.....!! . Email me @ " [email protected] "

Thanks & Regards,
Elisha .

Last edited by Elisha; Jan 12th 2010 at 6:56 am.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

gabyjane has a spectacular aura aboutgabyjane has a spectacular aura aboutgabyjane has a spectacular aura about

Hi have read a lot of these posts and just needed some help please as no replies on my other post!

Dh is a chef (head if it matters) he has been a chef since 17ish and worked as a chef all the time BUT the main job he has had for the last 16 years. I have read a lot about TRA..what is this? how and where do you apply to do the assesment and how much is it and does someone come to yuor workplace and watch you?
Thankyou so much for any replies as we seem to be going round in circles x
Old May 5th 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Lisa and Don 2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Chefs/wives Support...

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hiya,

We are here too (and I'm "The Wife") Same as Claire said, any info needed just yell...... Where are you headed ??

Jane
xx

Hi to anyone willing to help,
I'm sending an SOS out to see if anyone can offer a bit of help with this C&G backup paperwork for the 706 qualification?
My husband is a former Navy Chef and I have been designated with the delightful task of trying to get us into Oz...so am at the beginning of the process of sending off his info. I have been onto the C&G site and have called them and realise that we would have to send away for the docs supporting his training, although we have already now recieved his certificates from the navy, but I fear this will take time and cost us

I understand the process we're beginning is a long one but getting started is the most important step and we'd really like to get started asap

Thanks for taking the time to read this and fingers crossed we'll eventually get there

Lisa & Don from Cornwall
Old May 6th 2010, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

HI Lisa - i was a chef in the RAF and somewhere i have posted the curiculum for G&G 706/1 2 will see if i can find them but it was few years back - will do my best. Good luck x
Old May 7th 2010, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Lisa and Don 2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be amazing, any help is gratefully recieved. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I also done my 706 1&2 many years ago but I ended up having children 4 years after I done my training, so its a lack of experience on my side, and having no refs to prove I have done what I have told them. So now I have to start from the scrach to gain our PR. Anyway good luck with the whole thing hope you sort it out soon.