Chefs/wives Support...

Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chefs/wives Support...

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hi Lynn

Happy New Year to you too!!

We failed our first TRA application due to lack of evidence as we thought it was the recent years they would be interested in, but they need to know how they became a chef from a yts, cook etc.

My hubby typed up (or rather he wrote it out and I typed!) a detailed job description listing everything from peeling vegetables to which mixers he had used from his yts onwards, then did a declaration at the bottom to say he was no longer in contact with his Head Chef/Supervisor and got a solicitor to witness him signing it. It took ages to do as there was a lot of information to gather and some was from so long ago that he struggled with what he actually did!! In the end I think he enjoyed reminiscing about things to himself!!! Any-one he was still in contact with he emailed the stuff over and they printed it off on headed paper and signed it, this was a real pain as I don't think they realised how desperate we were to get it sent off because we had to keep chasing them-you know what chefs are like!!

We are still waiting to hear if we have a positive result from the TRA mind you, but I really hope we have put enough in this time, our agents said it was ok so they had better be right!!!

Hope this helps in some way, let me know when you put your TRA in, hopefully I will soon be posting that we have got a great big YES from the TRA!!

Take care

Sara x
Hello all
i also failed my TRA at first . not enough information, like you said they want everything. i then went with an agent and now we have our VISA . it took me ages to get everything on papper and signed off. after the TRA its all alot less stress. good look hope everything goes well. we are going in sep/october 2007 cant wait. how have all your parents reacting to you going to australia
all the best
Dave
Old Dec 29th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Hi Sara and Lynn,

Happy New Year to you all, hope the TRA's go OK. I am still waiting to hear back from begining of November to see if mine has got through. I have my fingers crossed that I have as I do not know where I could get any more info from. I have had a lot of the same problems as you know a lot of people can't remember you or the proprietors, businesses are no longer there. One of my previous bosses was asked back in June for what I needed, despite several follow up's I still have not heard from her. I will have to try what has been suggested, headed paper and DIY. I have a feeling that it will come back - no go as I did include a lot of my patisserie stuff as it mingled with the chef stuff.
Any way good luck with yours

Nicky
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Good luck Nicky, let us know the outcome!

Sara x
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for your help. My OH has roughly written out his experience but I dont think it will be enough. He never went through a YTS scheme, he did a day out at college but he doesnt have any paperwork. Any ideas on what to do in this situation? He has about 21 years experience behind him, it all seems pretty desperate to go so far back, sont you think?

Lynn x
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Chefs/wives Support...

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Thanks everyone for your help. My OH has roughly written out his experience but I dont think it will be enough. He never went through a YTS scheme, he did a day out at college but he doesnt have any paperwork. Any ideas on what to do in this situation? He has about 21 years experience behind him, it all seems pretty desperate to go so far back, sont you think?

Lynn x
That is ok . if he went to college one day a week.or even if he has never been to college. as long as you can put every job and everything he did in them jobs on headed papper that will be good . but make sure they are around 2 A4 pages long more info the better. but if he has city and guilds 706/1 that will be good or 706/2 aswell. BUT PUT EVERYTHING THAT HE DID from steamers/ovens/grills/mixers/slicers/fryers anything that he used and also put in the progress from commis chef to chef de partie to 2nd to head so on anything and everything.i had 20 years to do and 14 jobs. it was hard but we got our visa
hope this helps
good look
Dave
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Hi Sara,

We are just up the m4 in Llantrisant, Hubbys a chef and im the misses, we pass TRA, what a nightmare!!!!! If you need any help just ask, we just got Ack on our visa apps and now waiting for CO, we are heading to Perth. We are all in this together so like I say if I can help just ask.

Amanda
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Hi Amanda

We have now passed the TRA (thank god!!) tomorrow I am sending the visa application etc off to our agent, so hopefully all will be ok with that!

We are a bit further down the M4, Caldicot, which is not too far from the Severn Bridge!

We are hoping to go to the Brisbane area and are looking at taking a trip out there later in the year without the kids!!

Fingers crossed for you and everyone!

Keep in touch

Sara x
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Hi Sara,

Good news on passing TRA, we found this the hardest part so far apart from the waiting !!! What agents are you using? We are with Thinking Australia. I used to live in Caerleon many moon s ago my Brother and Mother still do so not to far from you. Have you been watching that wanted down under on BBC 1 in the mornings, I think its a bit lame but its great to see the different part of Oz as we ve never been.

Good luck with your visa apps
Catch you soon
Amanda
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

Hello All

I am just finishing off putting all the info together for the tra, how long does it take to get a result, and if that result is positive is that basically it-you're in, apart from medicals and police checks.
We're using an agent and he seems happy with the info we've given him, surely he knows what's acceptable and what's not - or am I being naive ?

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

If your agents happy with what you ve put together then I would nt worry too much, that what your paying them for is to make sure you get a positive result 1st time, on saying that thats all we did was worry while we were waiting or TRA to get back to us. It took about 6 weeks for us to get a possitive back from TRA, this part so far has been the hardest as the visa apps are quite easy to do. Just make sure you have all your documents to hand ie birth certs, marriage certs, divorce papaers ect while you are waiting, our agent sent us a question sheet in preperation for the visa apps while we were waiting for TRA to get back this saved us a few weeks and had visa apps in the post with in a week of reciving TRA. I would nt like to say 100% that once you ve got TRA that your in, but it seems to be pretty much that way, subject to PCs and Meds. But I will say that the waiting does your head in !!!
What agent are you using and where are you heading ??
Good luck and let us know when you got TRA.

All the best
Amanda
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

We're using the Visa Bureau, and so far so good !!

Perth is our preferred destination at the moment but that may change, just really wanting to avoid the bigger cities.

Have a friend in Broome who is also a chef and he loves it.

What about you, where are you hoping to end up?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

We are going to Perth too !!!!!
We being Hubby Adrian (chef) myself Amanda and son Marcus 12
Perth looks a fab place and like you said not too big a city, Iv heard Broome is lovely and hope to spend some time up there once we get over.
I like the look of a place called Rockingham south of Perth and a city in its own right.
How long you been in the trade?

Amanda
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by flowergal
Hi,

We are going to Perth too !!!!!
We being Hubby Adrian (chef) myself Amanda and son Marcus 12
Perth looks a fab place and like you said not too big a city, Iv heard Broome is lovely and hope to spend some time up there once we get over.
I like the look of a place called Rockingham south of Perth and a city in its own right.
How long you been in the trade?

Amanda
Hi there
We are going to Perth too!! Myself (chef) and my other half Mark ( was a plumber) in a past life.
Looks like there will be lots of us out there all looking for nice new jobs. My brother is out there in Perth and has been for a couple of years. He said the temperature was up to 39 degrees the other day. I for one will be looking for a kitchen with air con!
Not sure what area at the moment maybe Secret Harbour/Mandurah or Mindarie will see later on depends what the house prices in the areas do.

Good Luck
Nicky
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nicky,

Looks like theres a lot of us heading out to Perth, It cant come quick enough in our house, just want to go yesturday. What stage are you at??
Amanda
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flowergal
Hi Nicky,

Looks like theres a lot of us heading out to Perth, It cant come quick enough in our house, just want to go yesturday. What stage are you at??
Amanda
Hi Amanda
I am getting the last bits together for the second TRA attempt. Hopefully this time they will understand what they are reading. We were aiming for July/August.
I was told by my agent that I could get sponcered and could be out there within a month.... That was a bit quicker than I expected, decided to stay the way I started and go for the 136. Mind you if work gets much worse I might take them up on the offer!
Have you been to Rockingham? I like all of the places I visted when I went out there.

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.