Chefs Knives

Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

coast101 is on a distinguished road
Smile Chefs Knives

Just thought i`d pass on a little bit of information about sending your knives on ahead.
We packed our our container, sending everything including hubby's knives.
When they arrived in OZ we found that they had been opened by customs, which we expected but a few pieces of equipment where missing. We reckon they were stolen from the storage dept.

Have to prove what was in there to claim, because they were owner packed can only claim for a whole loss!!

Plenty of jobs here for chefs, husband got one in 3 days of arriving here.

Wages vary but depends on what you want really.

Any help i can give just ask.

Coast101
Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chefs Knives

We are planning to move 2006 and I think the main worry was the job situation.Did your husband get a job as head chef?
Which area are you in?We are thinking of Gold coast or Sunshine coast.

Thanks for offering your help.

Mick
Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:40 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

we are taking steve's knives in the hold luggage & declaring them to the airline.

I notice from your other thread that you are in Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast - what made you choose that area? We are headed for Ashmore or Southport.

My hubby already has a job waiting but he is going to be also looking for a head chefs job when we arrive as he doesn't really want to have to go "backwards" in his career if at all possible.

Are you working in a restaurant or hotel on the GC??

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 5th 2005 at 3:42 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
we are taking steve's knives in the hold luggage & declaring them to the airline.

I notice from your other thread that you are in Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast - what made you choose that area? We are headed for Ashmore or Southport.

My hubby already has a job waiting but he is going to be also looking for a head chefs job when we arrive as he doesn't really want to have to go "backwards" in his career if at all possible.

Are you working in a restaurant or hotel on the GC??

We came in May for a reccie trip, and looked around a lot of areas.
We liked Coomera but we have had quite a scare on our second night here with someone getting over the back fence and trying to get in the house.

We went to the police and they said that it is not unusual as the house is new they come for the dishwasher cooker etc :scared: :scared:

As you can imagine that really unsettled me, as I am here on my own quite a lot as hubby is in work.

He works in Broadbeach as a Head Chef, started as sous but was offered Head after 2 weeks!!!

Southport looks a nice place, went through there yesterday as i was lost again!!!

Anything I can help you with just ask.

Good idea to take your knives in luggage, would of done that but cases were already over weight!!!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 12:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coast101
We came in May for a reccie trip, and looked around a lot of areas.
We liked Coomera but we have had quite a scare on our second night here with someone getting over the back fence and trying to get in the house.

We went to the police and they said that it is not unusual as the house is new they come for the dishwasher cooker etc :scared: :scared:

As you can imagine that really unsettled me, as I am here on my own quite a lot as hubby is in work.

He works in Broadbeach as a Head Chef, started as sous but was offered Head after 2 weeks!!!

Southport looks a nice place, went through there yesterday as i was lost again!!!

Anything I can help you with just ask.

Good idea to take your knives in luggage, would of done that but cases were already over weight!!!
We know the area as my parents have lived there for 20 yrs, plus we have the business www.goldcoastsmile.com

I am ready happy for you that you are loving it - we must get together when we get there as you will only be down the road so to speak!

Claire, Steve, Jonah & Suzy
x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

We know the area as my parents have lived there for 20 yrs, plus we have the business www.goldcoastsmile.com

I am ready happy for you that you are loving it - we must get together when we get there as you will only be down the road so to speak!

Claire, Steve, Jonah & Suzy
x
When are you planning on arriving here?

It will be great to good to get together, keep in touch.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:51 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

When are you planning on arriving here?

It will be great to good to get together, keep in touch.
We were hoping for the visas before February but the buyer has pulled out of the house sale so it really depends on that - defo before June 2006 though (we hope!)
Claire
x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

We were hoping for the visas before February but the buyer has pulled out of the house sale so it really depends on that - defo before June 2006 though (we hope!)
Claire
x
Hope you get a new buyer soon. Just found out we have had our offer accepted on the house we liked.

June will be here before you know it.

My husband said if you want him to, when you arrive he will have a word for you & help you get in a place of work. He took a role as a sous chef to start with as he wouldn`t know who to order off names of products ( some have very different names !!). So it is easier to take a lesser role and work up, but he has been offered head chefs job, not sure what he is going to do yet.

Anyway hope all goes well with the house.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:21 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Hope you get a new buyer soon. Just found out we have had our offer accepted on the house we liked.

June will be here before you know it.

My husband said if you want him to, when you arrive he will have a word for you & help you get in a place of work. He took a role as a sous chef to start with as he wouldn`t know who to order off names of products ( some have very different names !!). So it is easier to take a lesser role and work up, but he has been offered head chefs job, not sure what he is going to do yet.

Anyway hope all goes well with the house.
Hi guys

Steve has a job waiting for him at the Parkwood Tavern, but would be chuffed of any assistance you can be in introducing him around as he is def after a Head Chef job if poss - he has been one for almost 8 years!

BTW: Where in UK were you from??
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys

Steve has a job waiting for him at the Parkwood Tavern, but would be chuffed of any assistance you can be in introducing him around as he is def after a Head Chef job if poss - he has been one for almost 8 years!

Were from Liverpool, not missing there at all!!!!
where are you from??
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:56 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Hi guys,

Have you got any ideas of pay scales for chefs as we can't seem to find much info around?, I'll be looking for Bistro/Brasserie work as a Head Chef in Perth...........I understand wages are a little lower in WA as well

Cheers

Dave

Any progress on the house Claire?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:02 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi guys,

Have you got any ideas of pay scales for chefs as we can't seem to find much info around?, I'll be looking for Bistro/Brasserie work as a Head Chef in Perth...........I understand wages are a little lower in WA as well

Cheers

Dave

Well we have a beautifully decorated Lounge now
We are going to put it on the market in January - that gives us time to get it all sorted. I have no idea about salarys - Steve hasn't discussed that side of it with his employers in Aus, hence why he wants to look for another position when we arrive - at the time though this job offer in writing from the "Group" that owns the Tavern gave us an extra 20 points I think so he wasn't gonna turn it down!!!
Claire
x

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 8th 2005 at 8:04 am.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:02 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Were from Liverpool, not missing there at all!!!!
where are you from??
Wakefield in West Yorkshire.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Wakefield in West Yorkshire.

Whats the weather like in Yorkshire today??
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi guys,

Cheers

Dave

Hiya Dave,
wages seem to vary here, like anywhere i suppose.
We are on the Gold Coast so don`t really know about WA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.