Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Can anybody help with a TRA application for a chef?

Can anybody help with a TRA application for a chef?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice
Default Can anybody help with a TRA application for a chef?

We are in the process of putting together a TRA assessment for a Chef and would appreciate any advice anybody can provide us.

My partner has completed a formal apprenticeship. He has always worked as a chef in london restaurants, he is reluctant to ask his current employer of 7 yrs for a a reference at this stage of the application as he they are very proactive in developing his career with them, do you think this will be an issue?

I have started to put together a statutory declaration but it is only 3 pages how much detail do we need to go into.. does he need to write the process of making a terrine or a stock stating the tools he uses?

Thank you in advance

Shirley
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can anybody help with a TRA application for a chef?

Hi Shirley,

Happy to help, post me a PM and I'll contact you with further details. We recieved our TRA yesterday so now know that we covered everything we needed - I have to say with help from other people on this forum.

Shelley
Old Nov 17th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice

Thank you, however we submitted our TRA back in October and successfully passed . We are now patiently waiting for our decision on our visa application...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

chap314 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 6tollgate
Hi Shirley,

Happy to help, post me a PM and I'll contact you with further details. We recieved our TRA yesterday so now know that we covered everything we needed - I have to say with help from other people on this forum.

Shelley
Hi Shelley

I am gathering information for the TRA application myself and i see that you have already got yours.

I would be grateful if you or anyone else can help me with mine.
I have over 6 years experience working as a cook. Can you tell me how much actual detail is required? Do you need to give every single detail say in preparing the ingredients and every process required for a dish say a soup?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chappers
Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Elly100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

my boyfriends TRA was declined, despite 7 years experience, city and guilds certificate. Due to lack of formal or informal apprenticship. Is there anyway round this??? It seems absolutley crazy that he MUST have completed an apprenticship.
Would really appreciate help on this one.... our first baby is due in 8 weeks and a very hot (38 degrees in Perth yesterday) stressed out person is slowly losing patience with our migration agent! ME!!!

thanks!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Elisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

This is Elisha , am looking up for PR in Australia. Can anyone help me out for a TRA assessment process , I require a small help from you guys. Can nyone provide me with the sample Job Description, reference letters write up.. and i would also like to know regarding the technical assessment. Its Urgent plzz, Your information & Reply would be of Gr8 help..plzzz expecting your reply soon.....!! .

Thanks & Regards,
Elisha .