Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Old May 5th 2009, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Hi Anne,
Great news about being in Adelaide and the house selling. I bet you're looking forward to having your other half around soon.
We're good, Andy has now completed his Boilermaking Course and found a job near to Hervey Bay. The boys have really settled well at their school, it's great how kids adapt so quickly.
I'm still being a stay at home mum which I am really enjoying. Looking forward to my mum arriving next month for a 6 weeks visit.
Good luck for the job interview is it for a hairdressing position? And good luck to your son starting his new school - I'm sure he'll settle in quickly.

Take care and tell me how you get on with your interview.
Jojo x
Old May 15th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Hi Anne,
Great news about being in Adelaide and the house selling. I bet you're looking forward to having your other half around soon.
We're good, Andy has now completed his Boilermaking Course and found a job near to Hervey Bay. The boys have really settled well at their school, it's great how kids adapt so quickly.
I'm still being a stay at home mum which I am really enjoying. Looking forward to my mum arriving next month for a 6 weeks visit.
Good luck for the job interview is it for a hairdressing position? And good luck to your son starting his new school - I'm sure he'll settle in quickly.

Take care and tell me how you get on with your interview.
Jojo x
Hi Jojo,

Well the interview went well as i got the job as a casual. The job is in hairdressing. I work 3 days a week but if there not busy then i get sent home. I wish i could be a stay at home mum but at the moment money says work.
My oh flys out on 3oth May so things will get better then and settle better for the girls.

Hope your all well

Anne
Old May 15th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

Really pleased for you Anne. Are all the hairdressing techniques the same as in the UK. I think you're really brave.
Stay in touch Jojo xx
Old May 15th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask how's the weather over your way? x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

sarahlbo37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Wanted to see if there were anymore hairdressers applying for a Subclass 175 Visa either this month or last? Or anyone who has completed the whole process for an idea on timelines for hairdressers?

Cheers Jojo xx
Hi,

Myself, husband and 11 year old daughter are hoping to move to Hervey Bay in Jan 2010 and would love any info you could give us on finding a school. We have emailed loads with no responses, did you have any problems getting a place for your children?
I noticed from previous posts that you are a hairdresser. I am coming to study Hairdressing at the Wide Bay Tafe, any advice, never done hairdressing before!!!
All advice very welcome
Thanks Sarah
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahlbo37
Hi,

Myself, husband and 11 year old daughter are hoping to move to Hervey Bay in Jan 2010 and would love any info you could give us on finding a school. We have emailed loads with no responses, did you have any problems getting a place for your children?
I noticed from previous posts that you are a hairdresser. I am coming to study Hairdressing at the Wide Bay Tafe, any advice, never done hairdressing before!!!
All advice very welcome
Thanks Sarah
Hi Sarah, Great to hear from someone else coming to the Bay. There's so many people here to mix with it's excellent! We've been in the bay since january and loving every minute. We've been renting a house in Eli Waters but have now bought a house at Craignish - approx 10 mins from the centre. Moving on the 14th Aug and can't wait to be in our own place. There's loads of rental properties and would highly recommend the agents that we used. Very friendly and respond quickly to any problems.
You'll love the hairdressing course and it's a really good way to meet other people. Infact another couple arrived after us and she has started the hairdressing course at the Tafe as far as I am aware she is enjoying it. I know that you have to find a placement at a hair salon which is great experience....there are loads of salons over here so you shouldn't have a problem.
With regards to school - we had no problem at all. They schools may not have replied because it is so far in advance. We have two boys aged 7 and 9. They have really fitted in well and haven't found the move too problematic. (I can't say we haven't all had our fair share of tears)!!!
Have you been here before??
Can't wait to hear all about you? What does your other half do? Andy is a boiler maker.
If you PM me I'll send you my email address and mobile number...if you've got any more questions just ask away.

Hopefully hear from you soon. Jojo x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sarah, Great to hear from someone else coming to the Bay. There's so many people here to mix with it's excellent! We've been in the bay since january and loving every minute. We've been renting a house in Eli Waters but have now bought a house at Craignish - approx 10 mins from the centre. Moving on the 14th Aug and can't wait to be in our own place. There's loads of rental properties and would highly recommend the agents that we used. Very friendly and respond quickly to any problems.
You'll love the hairdressing course and it's a really good way to meet other people. Infact another couple arrived after us and she has started the hairdressing course at the Tafe as far as I am aware she is enjoying it. I know that you have to find a placement at a hair salon which is great experience....there are loads of salons over here so you shouldn't have a problem.
With regards to school - we had no problem at all. They schools may not have replied because it is so far in advance. We have two boys aged 7 and 9. They have really fitted in well and haven't found the move too problematic. (I can't say we haven't all had our fair share of tears)!!!
Have you been here before??
Can't wait to hear all about you? What does your other half do? Andy is a boiler maker.
If you PM me I'll send you my email address and mobile number...if you've got any more questions just ask away.

Hopefully hear from you soon. Jojo x
Hi Jojo,

Thanks so much for your reply. It's so nice to be in contact with someone who has already been through the experience. We visited Oz last October to have a look around and assumed we would want to go to Adelaide. My cousin who was born in Oz lives in Hervey Bay so we came to visit him and fell in love with the place. Unfortunately being both a man and Oz born he is useless at answering our questions! He lives in Urangan and is the local policeman. We want to initially rent quite close to the TAFE and are keen for our daughter to go to Yarrillee School as my cousins child goes there. My husband is a Bank Manager, myself a childminder so we did not have enough points to come which is why I am studying in an 'on demand' occupation. We cannot apply for my student visa until October so I am assuming it is straight forward?? I need to have a school placement for my daughter before we apply which is why I'm a bit franic to sort somewhere! Hopefully I will mellow a little once we come to Oz!
Thanks so much again and would be great to keep in touch, Thanks Sarah
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahlbo37
Hi Jojo,

Thanks so much for your reply. It's so nice to be in contact with someone who has already been through the experience. We visited Oz last October to have a look around and assumed we would want to go to Adelaide. My cousin who was born in Oz lives in Hervey Bay so we came to visit him and fell in love with the place. Unfortunately being both a man and Oz born he is useless at answering our questions! He lives in Urangan and is the local policeman. We want to initially rent quite close to the TAFE and are keen for our daughter to go to Yarrillee School as my cousins child goes there. My husband is a Bank Manager, myself a childminder so we did not have enough points to come which is why I am studying in an 'on demand' occupation. We cannot apply for my student visa until October so I am assuming it is straight forward?? I need to have a school placement for my daughter before we apply which is why I'm a bit franic to sort somewhere! Hopefully I will mellow a little once we come to Oz!
Thanks so much again and would be great to keep in touch, Thanks Sarah
Hi again!! I can't believe it my kids go to Yarrilee and they love it there. That's why we rented in Eli Waters - when we came on a reccy in Dec we really liked the look of Yarrilee and wanted to be somewhere near. We tried to make an appointment in advance to enrol the boys but they leave everything right til the last minute here!! Infact we didn't get an appointment until a few days before they went to school. Don't worry though if you explain your daughter will need a place I'm sure they will fit her in. Is your daughter excited? Gosh I'm getting excited for you!!
You'll definately mellow once you get over here and into the swing of things.
Good luck with everything in the mean time and if you do have any other queries (or just want a chat) just drop me a line.
Jojo x
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Hi again!! I can't believe it my kids go to Yarrilee and they love it there. That's why we rented in Eli Waters - when we came on a reccy in Dec we really liked the look of Yarrilee and wanted to be somewhere near. We tried to make an appointment in advance to enrol the boys but they leave everything right til the last minute here!! Infact we didn't get an appointment until a few days before they went to school. Don't worry though if you explain your daughter will need a place I'm sure they will fit her in. Is your daughter excited? Gosh I'm getting excited for you!!
Good luck with everything in the mean time and if you do have any other queries (or just want a chat) just drop me a line.
Jojo x
Hi Jojo,
Isn't it a small world!! I phoned Yarrilee yesterday and my daughter will get a place, another tick in the box! We were looking also at Eli Waters as it looked like a nice area when we were looking at Google earth! It is also a good location for my college. My daughter is very excited about coming back to Hervey Bay as we all are. I'm just putting the 'goodbyes' to the back of my head until I have to deal with them. I'll keep you posted as we progress and I'm sure I'll be bothering you with more advice!
Thanks again, Sarah x
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Gr8 Sarah keep in touch. x
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

janice1uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Jojo x
can you give me any advice please. Im migrating next year i have nvq level 2 hairdressing and Beauty Therapy. We are going to Adelaide do you need a license to work? any info please
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janice1uk
can you give me any advice please. Im migrating next year i have nvq level 2 hairdressing and Beauty Therapy. We are going to Adelaide do you need a license to work? any info please
Hi,

I'm in Queensland and each state has different regulations. Annehe28 is in Adelaide and working as a hairdresser, I'm sure if you sent her a message she would be able to advise you on what you need to do.
I do vaguely remember when applying for our visas that there is a website dedicated to licencing for different trades. If you google hairdressing licence in Adelaide there should be some info for you.
Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Jojo x
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I'm in Queensland and each state has different regulations. Annehe28 is in Adelaide and working as a hairdresser, I'm sure if you sent her a message she would be able to advise you on what you need to do.
I do vaguely remember when applying for our visas that there is a website dedicated to licencing for different trades. If you google hairdressing licence in Adelaide there should be some info for you.
Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Jojo x
Hi thanks for info. How you liking your new life? We were going to go to Queensland but OH is an Electrician and has been taken off csl so now going for ss to SA. We have 3 boys and a large dog so saving like crazy just now.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by janice1uk
Hi Janice,

I live in SA and you don't need a license to work here as a hairdresser. There are plenty of jobs about but it can be hard to find that one person to take you.
I'm on my second job since i arrived here. The first i was a casual and now I've found a permanent contract..
Which part are you looking at moving too??? I'm living in the Barossa valley at Williamstown???

How far are you with the visa process?? Good luck with everything... any questions please ask..

Anne
Old Jul 29th 2009, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi Janice,

I live in SA and you don't need a license to work here as a hairdresser. There are plenty of jobs about but it can be hard to find that one person to take you.
I'm on my second job since i arrived here. The first i was a casual and now I've found a permanent contract..
Which part are you looking at moving too??? I'm living in the Barossa valley at Williamstown???

How far are you with the visa process?? Good luck with everything... any questions please ask..

Anne
Hi Anne we have just applied for State Sponsorship as we now have changed from 175 visa but our Agent has said we could have Visa by January. We dont know exactly where we will moving so any info would be great. We have three boys 6, 4 and nearly 2 and OH is a electrician. We will both be looking for work. We dont want to be too far out but not in city either. We would like to be near a beech but somewhere that is dog friendly. I dont want much LOL.Could you give info on any areas to live and good schools, we will be renting untill we are settled then would like to buy when setteled in jobs. Thanks for taking time to reply Janice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.