Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Another chef on the way, yeah!!

Another chef on the way, yeah!!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future
Default Another chef on the way, yeah!!

At long last we have just received our visas.

After all that work with the TRA, and visa application, medicals etc etc, we are now proud owners of a little white sticker in our passports, that really means the start something new.

Looking at arriving mid November in the Gold Coast area, sooooo excited. Christmas in Oz.

Good luck with everyone starting out and cheers to all fellow chefs and familys

all the best

Lesley xx

Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:27 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another chef on the way, yeah!!

Wow - Congratulations!

Care to share your time-line with us all?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

we are on the beupdate.co.uk page under the December thread.

Bascially talked about Oz with hubbi and children in January 2007 and finally decided to go for it in March 2007, Started the TRA application soon after,

August passed the TRA

September sat the IELTS exam

November resat the IELTS exam

December put in the visa application

and waited....and waited

September yeah got the visa
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:18 am
Just Joined

lilmis1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi and congrats

my partner is a chef and we are looking to move to 0z in next year or so?

iv bin reading a fw of the post and would love for some information from a chef?

may i ask what visa u appliyed for?

did u have a sponserd one? or just a working one?
did u go over with a job or are u waiting to find one?

thanx lilmis and co x
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:19 am
Just Joined

marcoz05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I advice anyone applying for this to be very very careful, i heard back that my application was unsuccesful today.
Now my German less qualified friend was succesful, there are many roads that can ruin your application. for some reason i fell short and his chef application was down graded to cook and was accepted where as mine was just rejected.

I have sent them an email and am waiting for a response, i have just spent a year in australia and have a job offer there, so you can imagine this is hard to deal with today but its not the end of the line. i just have to wait and if they say no apply again

you have you visa now do you have any advice at all ?????
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

it is MY understanding that it is much harder to prove Chef status and you would be better applying as cook and then getting work once here as a chef. the employer at the end of the day decides if you are fit to fill the job title as a chef
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
it is MY understanding that it is much harder to prove Chef status and you would be better applying as cook and then getting work once here as a chef. the employer at the end of the day decides if you are fit to fill the job title as a chef
that is exactly what we did.it worked.x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

simon cooksley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lesley

can you assist with the apprentership element of the appliciantion for cook chef which I believe you would have needed to either complete a self delaration or details from a employer, I am qualified to 706/1&2 and still a chef and have successfully completed a number of sections but TRA require my apprentiship details for my first six years and your assistance would be greatly appreciated with this

Kind Regards