Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

6month-1year job Opportunities for UK Graduate In USA

6month-1year job Opportunities for UK Graduate In USA

Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

LouisP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6month-1year job Opportunities for UK Graduate In USA

I am currently in my final year at the Univeristy of Liverpool and desperately wanting to move to the states for a year to live/work after graduation. I presumed this to be a seemingly simple proposition, but am struggling immensely with the whole affair. I would be greatful for any advice on: aqcuiring jobs, acquiring a VISA, any other relevant information. I am not looking for anything in particular apart from the location - New England area
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Pooch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 6month-1year job Opportunities for UK Graduate In USA

Originally Posted by LouisP
I am currently in my final year at the Univeristy of Liverpool and desperately wanting to move to the states for a year to live/work after graduation. I presumed this to be a seemingly simple proposition, but am struggling immensely with the whole affair. I would be greatful for any advice on: aqcuiring jobs, acquiring a VISA, any other relevant information. I am not looking for anything in particular apart from the location - New England area

hi LOUISP

just to let you know i'm in the same boat, will finish my masters also at liverpool at the end of september, and hoping to get out to the states around march 2006, or earlier.

i've only just begun even considering jobs etc and am really overwhelmed..don't know where to begin! just bought a book from amazon, 'living and working in america' which had good reviews, has good info about visa's etc.

there seem to be lots of companies whom you pay to get you work, like bunac etc, trouble is i don't really want a camp america type job!

what kind of stuff are you looking for do you think? may i ask why you've decided on new england? undefined