Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

2nd Time Luckfy with the TRA!!

2nd Time Luckfy with the TRA!!

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of
Default 2nd Time Luckfy with the TRA!!

Hoorah!!!

Hi all, I have posted this in Aus Imm, but am so pleased thought I would put it here too!!

Had our letter today saying we have been accepted for our TRA as a Chef after failing it last time!! Thanks for the kind words and advice you gave when we thought it was the end of the road for us before we had got anywhere!

We are so pleased that we can get the ball rolling now, I haven't been able to sleep properly for worrying about failing it again!

We have all the family coming round on Friday for a meal, so we are going to wait and tell them all then!

Sara x
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:38 am
Just Joined

lesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2nd Time Luckfy with the TRA!!

Hi We are going to try tra as a cook - any helpful tips ?

thanks lesley
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2nd Time Lucky with the TRA!!

Just to give as much information as possible and make sure it is very detailed, some one told us to explain it as if you were explaining it to a child, point by point!

We did this and it seemed to work, does take a while if you have lots of jobs to go back over!

Good luck with yours and keep us updated!

Sara x
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Hi Sara,

Just got my TRA back.....Failed. What is it about the chefs? Even the agents are confused as they thought there was loads of information and all of the points they raised had all been answered and the information that was sent with the application. Glad yours came back OK second time around hopefully mine will be 2 nd time too!

Hope the rest is going well for you all now.

Nicky
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nicky

So sorry to hear your news, we were so upset when we failed, we thought it was the end of the road for us until I came on here and realised that we could try again and also that there were so many people who had failed first time.

I hope you can get it back in soon and get a positive result this time.

Sara x
Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hi Nicky

So sorry to hear your news, we were so upset when we failed, we thought it was the end of the road for us until I came on here and realised that we could try again and also that there were so many people who had failed first time.

I hope you can get it back in soon and get a positive result this time.

Sara x
Thanks Sara,
It feels crap at the moment, the agents are having a hissy fit as they really thought it should get through. I have just gone over it all again with them and all but 1 issue has been answered if they had actually read all of the information properly. That is the really annoying thing. I think it would help if the people assessing all of this actually had a knowlege of the jobs they were working on! The other bit I have to do now is write a day in the kitchen but not to incluse the desserts I would have to make as that would confuse them further. The idiots guide!! I wonder how many cups of tea I do drink in a day? have not thought about that before.

Anyhow glad yours is OK now, how far are you now?

Take care Nicky
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nicky,

Sorry for the delay-missed this post some how!!

That is rubbish what you are haiving to do, I feel for you, hopefully it will be sorted quickly!

I have sent our visa application to the agent today, so fingers crossed this will all be in order!

Good luck with yours, I look forward to seeing your 'TRA says yes!'post!!

Sara x