Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Where to move to?

Where to move to?

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

katie12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to move to?

Hi im a mental health nurse currently nursing in the northeast of england. Im 23 years old and have been qualified 6 months. Im looking for a challenge and really fancey nursing abroad? Any suggestions?? Ive looked into canada and australia but cant decide. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to move to?

Hi, and welcome to BE.

No idea about Oz, but it may well be easier than Canada. For Canada you'd need a job offer to get a visa which could be tricky if you've only got six months experience, and you'd need to get licensed to work as a nurse so do look in to that too.

But pop over to the Canada forums and if you do a search and read the Wiki you'll find loads of info on the hoops you'll need to jump through to get licensed and how to get a visa.

Maybe see you there, good luck.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 10:34 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katie and welcome

Can't tell you what you would need to do for nursing in Australia or elsewhere - but you could try asking in the nursing section http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72 for experiences around the globe
Old Oct 4th 2013, 6:43 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hows it going? A big shout for New Zealand from me!
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

katie12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Hey hows it going? A big shout for New Zealand from me!
Hiii thanks for responses. Is there much to do their for young Girls? I'll be going out by myself. Thankss x
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katie12345
Hiii thanks for responses. Is there much to do their for young Girls? I'll be going out by myself. Thankss x
Going out where?

And probably the same for young girls everywhere - boys
Old Oct 5th 2013, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Katie.

There is as much or little to do for everyone in Australia as there is in most places. Life is what you make it and friends help. You shouldn't have a problem finding things to see and do.

Good luck.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 4:35 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am a bloke in my 40's, but there seem to be a lot of girls here and they look like they are having a good time.