Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Where do I start????

Where do I start????

Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Essex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really nice
Default Where do I start????

I'm new to this site, found purely by chance. My family and I are tentatively considering a permanent move to NZ. Despite being die-hard Brits, we're becoming more and more jaded by good ole Blighty and so may be looking to NZ for a different way of life. I'm 41, husband 42, 2 daughters 8 and 2. I've spent the last 25 years working in London in Insurance, my husband has the same time in Construction. We have no contacts in NZ, know very little about the country, immigration, where to go for suitable work, education, health - you name it, we don't know it! I guess the NZ forum would be a good start but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:49 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I start????

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including New Zealand can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I think you may be best re-posting this enquiry into the New Zealand forum but thank you for posting in the Welcome Inn first. It helps us to spot you and make sure that you are given a proper welcome.

I emigrated from Essex to Oz 4 years ago but I visited here about 5 times before I made the final move. Can you afford to go to NZ to have a look see before commiting any further? It might be an idea.

However, I'm sure you'll get lots of answers from the NZ forum.

Best wishes to you.

Alistair.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Essex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really niceEssex Mum is just really nice

Thanks Alistair. We hope to have some funds together for a NZ visit in the new year. Thanks for the heads-up on NZ forum - will re-post now.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Essex Mum, welcome to BE, hope you found the right forum ok, if not, you will find it here
Good luck with your plans, I'm sure you will get lots of info from the folks on the forum
Old Sep 1st 2010, 1:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex Mum
I'm new to this site, found purely by chance. My family and I are tentatively considering a permanent move to NZ. Despite being die-hard Brits, we're becoming more and more jaded by good ole Blighty and so may be looking to NZ for a different way of life. I'm 41, husband 42, 2 daughters 8 and 2. I've spent the last 25 years working in London in Insurance, my husband has the same time in Construction. We have no contacts in NZ, know very little about the country, immigration, where to go for suitable work, education, health - you name it, we don't know it! I guess the NZ forum would be a good start but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Hello Essex Mum and welcome to BE. Thank you for taking the trouble to introduce yourself.

Here is the link to BE's New Zealand forums. Why don't you take a look around and ask any questions you may have about life in NZ? You may also find useful information in the BE Wiki.

We have a team of concierges who act as tour guides to help new members find their way around the many BE forums. The concierges for the NZ forums are Dewb09 or Vialstatistix so please contact one of them and they will point you in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator or admin. The mods for the NZ forums are Bevs and Am Loolah.

Please give a a shout is you need any more help.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:04 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi EssexMum,

I see you've found the New Zealand forum. I'm sure you will enjoy being part of the NZ forum community, they are a terrific bunch and really great at helping each other out.

In the meantime I just wanted to drop by and say hi. Please don't hesitate to give myself, a moderator, or a concierge a shout if you have any site related questions.

Sue
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:25 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Essex mum

Welcome to BE.
I see you have been pointed in the right direction to find out everything you need to know about New Zealand.
Good luck with your rese3arch and your eventual ?move

Dread - x