Reload this Page >

Where to begin??

Where to begin??

Old Jun 28th 2015, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

1246aimee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to begin??

Hi there,

I'm after some advice please. My significant other and I have (after 2 years) finally decided to take the leap and move to the south of France, leaving professional jobs and the hustle of 'the status quo' behind. We are fortunate to already have a temporary base just south of Carcassonne and will be planning on staying there until we can become fully self sufficient.
He is a fully qualified and brilliant motor technician (17 years with Halfords) and I work training managers for a large recruitment agency. Neither of us speak good French, but we are desperate to learn (and where better to learn than France?!).
Now we have decided, I'm just a little confused as to where to start - We will both need to work, with the aim of setting up our own English speaking garage over time, but we really aren't fussy as to what we do, as long as we can support ourselves whilst finding our feet. And also, when would be the best time to come over? My house is currently up for sale, and with a family wedding in September it would be around October time, I'm conscious that this is the end of the summer season so will we be limited in what work we could find?

Your help and guidance is much appreciated!

Kind Regards

Aimee
Old Jun 28th 2015, 8:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to begin??

Welcome to BE.

We have an excellent France forum which I recommend you take at look at...France - British Expats. I'm sure the regulars who hang out it that forum will help you with any questions you may have.

Good luck with the move.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

1246aimee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to begin??

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

We have an excellent France forum which I recommend you take at look at...France - British Expats. I'm sure the regulars who hang out it that forum will help you with any questions you may have.

Good luck with the move.
Ah lovely, thank you :-)