Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

We were happier in the UK

We were happier in the UK

Old Jan 12th 2018, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Colorfulcool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We were happier in the UK

Hello, I posted a question on the spouse forum but wanted to introduce myself. I am American and my husband is British.

We met online on an Asperger dating site, and I visited him a couple of times at his flat that he had in the UK. We ended up getting engaged and we were married here in the USA, like a year and a half ago.

I've been happy to have my husband here in the USA with me but he really needs more support and help. There aren't services for autistic adults in the US, so I'm starting to think we both would be better off moving back to the UK. We used to attend various groups there, and felt more included in the community.

I'm wondering what is the best way to proceed with moving back, as we don't have a lot of information yet. There's no help with services without probably hiring a lawyer, but we're still trying to figure out what is the best way to proceed. Any advice or information would be really appreciated.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We were happier in the UK

Hi and a warm welcome to BE

Well done for already finding your way to the UK immigration and visas forum! I'm sure you'll receive some very helpful advise and support there.

Just a couple of housekeeping things - please have a read of the BE site rules when you get a minute, and our lovely moderators are the people to contact if you have any site related problems. Moderator names are in the lower right hand corner of each page.

Best of luck with yours and your husband's plans
Old Jan 13th 2018, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What about your road to a visa ? Do you qualify ?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 2:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
What about your road to a visa ? Do you qualify ?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...t-post-907881/
Old Jan 13th 2018, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Colorfulcool is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi and a warm welcome to BE

Well done for already finding your way to the UK immigration and visas forum! I'm sure you'll receive some very helpful advise and support there.

Just a couple of housekeeping things - please have a read of the BE site rules when you get a minute, and our lovely moderators are the people to contact if you have any site related problems. Moderator names are in the lower right hand corner of each page.

Best of luck with yours and your husband's plans
Thank you I will read the rules now I hope my post didn't offend anyone. I'm glad to have found this forum!