Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Want to introduce myself

Want to introduce myself

Old May 4th 2012, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Want to introduce myself

Hi, I am glad I found this site. I have been lurking for a few months and it is about time I joined!

A bit about me, although am not born British, I have very strong British roots, being born in Cape Town (before it was a republic) and attended a private English girl's school. My grandparents were English and I always heard such wonderful stories of England etc. My father fought in the WW2 and therefore I always felt part of England. In 1998 I moved to England on an Ancestral Visa, I found a fantastic job, bought a house, decided I missed my little dog (a Staffordshire Bull Terrier) whom my parents were looking after, and brought her out to live with me. First she had to do her quarantine of 6 months while I ate rice and gravy paying for it! I moved to Marlow Bucks and loved it there. After a year I met my husband who is English and from Essex. We married on 23rd December 2000 (I thought a millennium wedding would be lucky) and I moved into his house, renting out mine. We came to Canada - Vancouver Island to be precise on holiday and so enjoyed it and decided to start a new life together in a country that we could call our own. BTW he loved Cape Town but I did not want to move back as I had only just left!
I had traveled to Canada before and loved it. When my OH saw this part of the world, he loved it as well, especially the fishing as he is a fishing nut!
By a twist of fate, he was entitled to Canadian Citizenship through his mother because his grandfather moved here after the First World War. He had to sponsor me and after a year we arrived in Vancouver. This was in 2002. We have now been here just over 10 years.
Old May 5th 2012, 12:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to introduce myself

What a great story

Welcome to BE!
Old May 5th 2012, 8:16 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Feelbritish

You seem to be finding your way around here well - but do check out our Canada forum where you can chat with other like minded folks living and working there.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and all the best to you

Dread - x
Old May 5th 2012, 8:58 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello feelbritish and warm from Malaysia. As you've been in Canada for 10 years I guess you'll have lots to say about the place in the Canada forums. All the best.
Old May 6th 2012, 6:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary