Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Want to go Home

Want to go Home

Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

hillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nicehillarson is just really nice
Default Want to go Home

I am 66 years old and Husband has decided he wants a Divorce..been married for 19 years and living in US for the same length of time will have "some" money from equity in house its not a lot and I do draw the UK pension allowed to me am not drawing social security yet as they are still working on it???? and just want to go home...but am so overwhelmed after reading this site.....would it be crazy to just go and sort everything from there whilst staying with friends?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to go Home

Originally Posted by hillarson
I am 66 years old and Husband has decided he wants a Divorce..been married for 19 years and living in US for the same length of time will have "some" money from equity in house its not a lot and I do draw the UK pension allowed to me am not drawing social security yet as they are still working on it???? and just want to go home...but am so overwhelmed after reading this site.....would it be crazy to just go and sort everything from there whilst staying with friends?
Hello and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma...I think you're probably best to repost your question in the Moving Back To The UK Forum. There is also a thread called OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK...there may be some useful information in there.

If you have problems finding your way around the forums a member of our concierge team will be pleased to help you. For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator.

Good luck.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE. I see JG has pointed you in the right direction. My 10c worth, take time to weigh up options before making rash decisions. Lots of good people on here willing to offer support and suggestions.
Good luck.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:19 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hillarson

Welcome to BE.
I am so sorry to hear about your circumstances.
If you really yearn to return to the UK then I say you should follow the path that will bring you happiness.
It sounds like you have some money to live off in the meantime and if you have friends you can stay with, then this may be the answer, even if you just come back for a while to get things sorted out.
Before you make the final decision, I would suggest you read the threads on moving back to the Uk as well as the one specifically for over 50s. There will be a great deal of advice on there, much of it from people who have made the move back, so they may help guide you through the processes you need for resettling.

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck and hope you find happiness

Dread - x