Reload this Page >

Today is the start...

Today is the start...

Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:02 am
Just Joined

mikem1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Today is the start...

of making my dream a reality!

Just wanted to say hello, i'm Mike and today i'm going to finally start seriously looking into a move to NYC.

I'm currently a graphic and web designer in Media City in Manchester, England and in my industry New York is THE place to be. I'm single, have no children so no commitments other than my current job.

I don't have much at all savings wise but i'm now going to start saving as much as possible (i'm putting everything I make from freelancing into a savings account and as much as possible each month from my salary).

Are there any tips you guys can give me in terms of VISA and finding work as that seems to be the most complicated thing at the moment. I've looked on New York craiglist at jobs and there are quite a few I would consider myself more than qualified for obviously I can't afford to fly back and forth constantly for interviews etc so is Skype a possibility? What tips do you have?

Thanks and look forward to contributing on the forum
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:06 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today is the start...

Welcome to BE Mike
best place to ask these sort of questions is in the dedicated USA forum

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

not sure how easy it is to gain a visa but the members on there will be able to let you know the best way forward
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:27 am
Just Joined

mikem1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Today is the start...

Thanks! Will take a look now!