Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

thinking of having a go and moving to the Algarve

thinking of having a go and moving to the Algarve

Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

darren the plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thinking of having a go and moving to the Algarve

hi am thinking of moving to the lovely algarve region. i have had a few hols here n a good friend has a place in ferrerias where i will hopfully stay till i get sorted. whilst playing golf on many occasions with expats in the area they said that i should come over as a qualified plumber and have a go. i have a wife and 2 x boys 12 n 14 who would stay back in the uk of yorkshire while i try make some kind of living. is this true and are there any construction guys out there having a go. i would love to hear from anyone with their thoughts.
Darren:
Old Dec 30th 2009, 5:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: thinking of having a go

I can;t help with your query but Kia Ora to you from a plumber and his wife that moved to New Zealand.

The Portugal forum should be able to help more.

See HERE ( click the link)
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: thinking of having a go and moving to the Algarve

Originally Posted by darren the plumber
hi am thinking of moving to the lovely algarve region. i have had a few hols here n a good friend has a place in ferrerias where i will hopfully stay till i get sorted. whilst playing golf on many occasions with expats in the area they said that i should come over as a qualified plumber and have a go. i have a wife and 2 x boys 12 n 14 who would stay back in the uk of yorkshire while i try make some kind of living. is this true and are there any construction guys out there having a go. i would love to hear from anyone with their thoughts.
Darren:

Hi Darren. I'm on the Spanish algarve side. But I have just moved here. There aren't many self-builders so finding full jobs may be difficult but most expats need an english speaking plumber at some time. I'll be needing a plumber soon;-) (I'm from Hull & my kids still live in Leeds)