Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Switzerland to Oz...by the end of 2010!?

Switzerland to Oz...by the end of 2010!?

Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

notswissmiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Switzerland to Oz...by the end of 2010!?

Hi there!
I'm a Brit, been living in Switzerland for the past 8 years & am planning to save my sanity and get away from the Swiisitude to go to Oz, initially on a student visa in December 2010 to do a massage therapies course ...will be going on my own with my 2 kids, 3 & 7...just deciding where to live, I could study in Sydney or Brisbane, but Sydney seems so much more expensive than it was 10 years ago when I was last there, so outskirts of Brisbane are looking more likely!

I want beaches, a local school & paragliding/hanggliding closeby so any suggestions welcome!! What a great site, can't believe I haven't stumbled on it before now!!

Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice
Default Re: Switzerland to Oz...by the end of 2010!?

Originally Posted by notswissmiss
Hi there!
I'm a Brit, been living in Switzerland for the past 8 years & am planning to save my sanity and get away from the Swiisitude to go to Oz, initially on a student visa in December 2010 to do a massage therapies course ...will be going on my own with my 2 kids, 3 & 7...just deciding where to live, I could study in Sydney or Brisbane, but Sydney seems so much more expensive than it was 10 years ago when I was last there, so outskirts of Brisbane are looking more likely!

I want beaches, a local school & paragliding/hanggliding closeby so any suggestions welcome!! What a great site, can't believe I haven't stumbled on it before now!!

Ooh.... I've been to Crans-Montana before. Not far from Sion, right? Didn't they hold the winter Olympics there once or something? Am back in Britain after a few years in the US and can't wait to go backpacking to Switzerland in the summer - one of my favourite places.

And welcome to the site! It's a great place for procrastinating! lol
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cathy22w
Ooh.... I've been to Crans-Montana before. Not far from Sion, right? Didn't they hold the winter Olympics there once or something? Am back in Britain after a few years in the US and can't wait to go backpacking to Switzerland in the summer - one of my favourite places.

And welcome to the site! It's a great place for procrastinating! lol
That's the one...would be lovely if there weren't so many Swiss here... Keep in touch if you're around here,I'll still be around in the summer..roll on sunshine, winter's are just tooooo long here.....
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

That's the one...would be lovely if there weren't so many Swiss here... Keep in touch if you're around here,I'll still be around in the summer..roll on sunshine, winter's are just tooooo long here.....
Yeah - those mountain roads give a new meaning to 'icy driving conditions', lol. I had in-laws the other side of the valley from Crans-Montana up the mountain somewhere. Was great being able to pick apricots in the summer. And Lake Geneva - over to Evian. Bliss. Oh, really.... I just can't wait. lol. What are you doing in Switzerland?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cathy22w
Yeah - those mountain roads give a new meaning to 'icy driving conditions', lol. I had in-laws the other side of the valley from Crans-Montana up the mountain somewhere. Was great being able to pick apricots in the summer. And Lake Geneva - over to Evian. Bliss. Oh, really.... I just can't wait. lol. What are you doing in Switzerland?
Relatives in Vercorin by any chance? There seems to be a little ex-pat community growing up there...I found out last year that an old schoolfriend has a chalet there..prices here are about the same as French ski resorts now but better standard of living....I teach in an international hotel school and translate French - English..in fact that's exactly what I should be doing right now....
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relatives in Vercorin by any chance? There seems to be a little ex-pat community growing up there...I found out last year that an old schoolfriend has a chalet there..prices here are about the same as French ski resorts now but better standard of living....I teach in an international hotel school and translate French - English..in fact that's exactly what I should be doing right now....
Hmm... not Vercorin. They were not expats... they were Swiss. Might begin with a G. Now I'm going to have to find it, lol. If my French was better, I'd love a job like yours. I have enough to hold my own in a conversation, but a little rusty after a few years away.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

Hello...welcome to BE.

This is the link to our Australia forums. Post any questions you may have about life down under in there. Shout out if you need any assistance...there is usually someone around 24/7.