Reload this Page >

SS route for dependent parent

SS route for dependent parent

Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

NCSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SS route for dependent parent

Dear all,

I am a new member to this group. Very interesting and useful discussions in this forum!

I understand some of you have gone through SS route successfully in the past! I would appreciate if someone can throw some light on SS route for dependent parent via Ireland.

kind regards,

NCSC
Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SS route for dependent parent

Welcome to BE

This is the Welcome Inn which was set up to welcome you to our community. It is a place where you can tell us a little about yourself and what you needs are and then we direct you to the proper place to post your questions.

Since you are interested in Ireland, may I suggest that you seek your answers at Republic of Ireland - British Expats

Please have a read of the sites rules listed above and I know you will find others who have experience in the area you need assistance in.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NCSC

I understand some of you have gone through SS route successfully in the past! I would appreciate if someone can throw some light on SS route for dependent parent via Ireland.

kind regards,

NCSC
The link below sets out the requirements for the Irish side -

Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens

The link below sets out the requirements for the British side -

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

What kind of EEA treaty rights activity the OP is think of?

The OP should also consider the impact of Brexit to the Surinder Singh route.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

NCSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Thanks for your reply.

I already applied for Accompany EU visa for my dependent mother who is currently in India. I am planning to move to Ireland from UK to seek employment. It is more than 8 months and she has not received any decision. We sent several reminders, but they say that they have a huge backlog! Is anybody in similar situation? I am not sure what to do as Article 50 is going to be triggered soon. I would appreciate some help and advise. Many thanks.

NCSC

Last edited by NCSC; Feb 1st 2017 at 10:28 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NCSC
Hello, Thanks for your reply.

I already applied for Accompany EU visa for my dependent mother who is currently in India. I am planning to move to Ireland from UK to seek employment. It is more than 8 months and she has not received any decision. We sent several reminders, but they say that they have a huge backlog! Is anybody in similar situation? I am not sure what to do as Article 50 is going to be triggered soon. I would appreciate some help and advise. Many thanks.

NCSC
Welcome to BE.

As this forum is purely for new members to introduce themselves...please follow the link Rete gave you in her post above and repost in our Republic of Ireland forum. You should get a much better response in that forum.

Good luck.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 8:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary