Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Spanish state pension

Spanish state pension

Old Dec 7th 2013, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Allycat17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish state pension

Hi,I'm new to this so bear with me.I left Spain in 2007 having contributed to the system for 20 yrs.all bar a few days,in possession of "Vida laboral & Certificado de empressa" I sent the application for pension to INSS in Palma de Mallorca which was recieved on 5th Sept,I turned 65 on 25 Nov.2013.To date I have not heard a word from them ! Is this normal considering the economic situation,I have sent them a fax but again nothing by means of reply,as I live in Thailand and the postal system can be a bit iffy I gave both email address and fax details.
Can anyone give advice on this.
P.S.I also paid 30yrs into the U.K. pot and am about to get my pension from there.
Allycat17 7th Dec 2013
Old Dec 7th 2013, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish state pension

Hi, I'm in Italy not Spain, but the efficiency of both systems is about equal.
I was 65 in Oct. 2005; applied for my Italian state pension immediately; and received it in April 2008. You just need to keep on at them. My application was at the bottom of a pile, and they blamed Newcastle for not giving them a quick reply on the state of my UK pension. I received notice from Newcastle that I was getting my first UK payment in November 2006 :-).
Best of luck.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 12:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Allycat and welcome to the forum . Might be worth you posting this in the Spain section of the forum perhaps.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ononno
Hi, I'm in Italy not Spain, but the efficiency of both systems is about equal.
I was 65 in Oct. 2005; applied for my Italian state pension immediately; and received it in April 2008. You just need to keep on at them. My application was at the bottom of a pile, and they blamed Newcastle for not giving them a quick reply on the state of my UK pension. I received notice from Newcastle that I was getting my first UK payment in November 2006 :-).
Best of luck.
Hi,thank's for sharing your experiences and I hope my claim does not drag on as long as that
Old Dec 8th 2013, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Allycat and welcome to the forum . Might be worth you posting this in the Spain section of the forum perhaps.
Hi and thank you for your advice I'll repost it today