Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Skilled Scottish builder looking for work in France

Skilled Scottish builder looking for work in France

Old Jul 28th 2015, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

riach913 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Scottish builder looking for work in France

Hi, I am a skilled builder/stonemason and I am looking for work in France.
I have experience of working in France. I have been working down in the Aveyron region. I have many years experience. I have my own transport, so willing to travel anywhere in France.
My wife would be coming with me, and if accommodation was provided with the job as well, it would be even better. Thank you in advance

Last edited by riach913; Jul 28th 2015 at 5:54 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:00 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Scottish builder looking for work in France

Hi there and welcome to the forum

I see you've found the Jobs section OK...well done. You might also like to have a natter with folks in the France section. These days quite difficult finding work in Europe I believe and no doubt you will need to be fluent in French, which I presume you are.

Anyway, best of luck. Hope it all works out for you and yours.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 11:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riach913
I have experience of working in France. I have been working down in the Aveyron region. I have many years experience. I have my own transport, so willing to travel anywhere in France.
My wife would be coming with me, and if accommodation was provided with the job as well, it would be even better. Thank you in advance
Hi, as suggested, post again on the France forum. Unfortunately the unemployment rate is very high everywhere in France and you aren't likely to find employment in a firm, and even less so, accommodation provided. On the other hand, you could maybe register as an Auto-Entrepreneur which would give you both the same healthcare coverage as the French. Otherwise you'd need to take out private healthcare insurance for you both while job-seeking...
Come onto the France forum, and those more in-the-know will be able to advise better.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riach913
Hello and welcome!

Please let me know if I can help you with any site related problems.