British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Signed up at last (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/signed-up-last-651646/)

Kate_P Jan 28th 2010 12:13 am

Signed up at last

Hi,
My name is Kate, I am living in Calgary Alberta Canada and have read the posts on this website for months.....finally I have signed in.
We came over on temporary visas in June 2008 having applied for PR in January 2007.....we are just waiting for our passports to come back from London with our lovely shiny visa's in them! :thumbsup:

burton bunch Jan 28th 2010 4:42 am

Re: Signed up at last

Originally Posted by Kate_P (Post 8288848)
Hi,
My name is Kate, I am living in Calgary Alberta Canada and have read the posts on this website for months.....finally I have signed in.
We came over on temporary visas in June 2008 having applied for PR in January 2007.....we are just waiting for our passports to come back from London with our lovely shiny visa's in them! :thumbsup:

Welcome to our insane world here at BE - a great place to meet expats;)

mandymoochops Jan 28th 2010 4:47 am

Hi there Kate - BE is a great place to kick back and moan lol! Welcome :)

burton bunch Jan 28th 2010 4:49 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8289367)
Hi there Kate - BE is a great place to kick back and moan lol! Welcome :)

Hey MMC

Poor girl will be frightened away with us two being the first two to welcome her ! Possibly the two most insane peeps on here :rofl:

mandymoochops Jan 28th 2010 6:26 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8289374)
Hey MMC

Poor girl will be frightened away with us two being the first two to welcome her ! Possibly the two most insane peeps on here :rofl:

Well we are locals (in here and in real life :) ) all be it 3 hours in different directions locals!!!!

Kate_P Jan 28th 2010 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8289517)
Well we are locals (in here and in real life :) ) all be it 3 hours in different directions locals!!!!

Thanks guys.....have been reading this site for a while, not frightened off so far (though have come close with a few 'heated debates')! As long as I restrain myself when a bsq appears think I'll be ok!

mandymoochops Jan 28th 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kate_P (Post 8290701)
Thanks guys.....have been reading this site for a while, not frightened off so far (though have come close with a few 'heated debates')! As long as I restrain myself when a bsq appears think I'll be ok!

whats a bsq?????

I think the thing with heated debates (here or anywhere) is that people are not getting at you personally, just what you type on a screen, and whilst that can be construed as being you due to your words being your beliefs, never take anything to heart.

The people on here are a good bunch - come in to the Canada section and you'll see a nice debate on the cougar thread going on at the mo :)

Not sure which way it will go yet - name calling / reasoned arguement / peter out like a damp squib :rofl:

Cassie 10000 Jan 28th 2010 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8289374)
Hey MMC

Agreed :sneaky: ;)

Kate_P Jan 29th 2010 12:03 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 8290747)
whats a bsq?????

I think the thing with heated debates (here or anywhere) is that people are not getting at you personally, just what you type on a screen, and whilst that can be construed as being you due to your words being your beliefs, never take anything to heart.

The people on here are a good bunch - come in to the Canada section and you'll see a nice debate on the cougar thread going on at the mo :)

Not sure which way it will go yet - name calling / reasoned arguement / peter out like a damp squib :rofl:

BSQ = Bl**dy stupid question (harsh but [only now and then] fair)!! :-s
I love the debates they make it interesting, not sure I'd have the stomach to get involved though!