Sicily, here I come

Sicily, here I come

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:50 pm
pex
Just Joined

pex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sicily, here I come

Hello everyone!

It is a long story but I will try to make it short, lol.
I am originally from Belgium but have been living in the UK for the last 7 years.
I am buying a house in a small village in Sicily, near Agrigento. The house is principally for my mum and just for holiday breaks for me and my partner. The area is not totally unknown as my mum was born in that village and I have spent there a month of holiday every year until I was 18...

Right, not too long but I hope I did not loose you, lol.
I am looking for info's about the move. I would like to sent over a kitchen (still packed from IKEA), maybe sofa and bed, and maybe a buggie as a crazy idea, lol... any tips for me, please... I haven't found anything yet...

Cheers!

Pex
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

alitrist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sicily, here I come

hi there,
in which town are you going to live? I am originally from Sciacca which is in the province of Agrigento. Good luck with the move....btw you are quite brave to be shipping all these items over there, the shipping companies r not great out there!!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:23 pm
pex
Just Joined

pex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sicily, here I come

The village is Montaperto, about 5 km away from Agrigento.

As everything will be still packed from IKEA, I am not too scared about the shipping...
I had a look at renting a van and doing it myself. Driving would not be a problem, as I have already done it but for the same price, I think I could get it shipped and it would "save" me 4 drays of travel...

btw, I am not going to live there. My mum will be there a few month per year and for me, it will be a holiday home... but who know in a few years time... ;-)