British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Self employed accountant not registered (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/self-employed-accountant-not-registered-904282/)

Syria87 Oct 8th 2017 2:35 am

Self employed accountant not registered

Hello everyone,am new to this site but I kindly need urgently help.
am a Ugandan living and working in Uganda,my fiance is a British citizen who lives in Bournemouth, he is self employed as a sole trader,registered and has got all other UK self employed financial documents except that his accountant is not a registered member, he didn't know about these rules that the account has to be registered coz if he knew he should have used a registered account.
What is worrying me now is that I read here that a chartered accountant can write you a letter but he has tried to phone every chartered accountant but they all reply same thing that they can't help because, they might lose their license if our financial documents are done wrongly.we don't know what to do we can't sleep because we are worried other documents are ready.
Hope someone çan help me out.

quiltman Oct 8th 2017 4:44 am

Re: Self employed accountant not registered

Presumably you are looking at a fiancee or marriage visa? So long as your fiance has more than a full years accounts and HMRC have accepted them then there should not be a problem. I have never heard of the rule that the UK accountant has to be registered. Registered with whom? Institute of Chartered Accountants? Does he/she have the appropriate accountant certifications? Is he/she ACTUALLY an accountant or just a glorified bookkeeper?
Can understand a certified accountant refusing to just certify his accounts. He would probably have to get the certified accountant to completely redo his books before they can certify it.

mikelincs Oct 8th 2017 6:41 am

Re: Self employed accountant not registered

Originally Posted by Syria87 (Post 12356200)
Hello everyone,am new to this site but I kindly need urgently help.
am a Ugandan living and working in Uganda,my fiance is a British citizen who lives in Bournemouth, he is self employed as a sole trader,registered and has got all other UK self employed financial documents except that his accountant is not a registered member, he didn't know about these rules that the account has to be registered coz if he knew he should have used a registered account.
What is worrying me now is that I read here that a chartered accountant can write you a letter but he has tried to phone every chartered accountant but they all reply same thing that they can't help because, they might lose their license if our financial documents are done wrongly.we don't know what to do we can't sleep because we are worried other documents are ready.
Hope someone çan help me out.

Welcome to BE.

Please have a quick read of the site rules, beige bar at the top, and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom right of the forum page.

You would be much better off asking your questions in the moving back to the UK forum as this one is really only for introductions.

Moving back to the UK - British Expats