Hi

Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

P.hallett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Hi there

I'm looking to move to Alberta Canada been over there a couple times now to visit my girlfriend and family and am now looking for a way to get there permanently
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Welcome to BE

Looks like you have a great deal of planning to do to make your dream come true with emigrating to Canada. A spousal visa would be the fastest <?> and at the very least, the easiest but marriage might not be what is desired at the moment.

Our Canada forum is a wonderful place for you to start your quest for gathering information on the how tos. Canada - British Expats

BE asks that you have a brief read of the site rules linked on the beige header above. Just some simple rules that makes life on forums pleasant.

Good luck in your adventure.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

P.hallett is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah marriage is abit to soon at the moment but can see it in the future. I have been looking into emigrating for about a month now have spoken with a few Immigration lawyer's. I was looking at coming over on a work permit for 12-24 months and then applying for PR but the lawyers said I was to old (I'm 32) to do that.a couple lawyers have said I almost have enough points to go down another pr/visa route though
Old Oct 8th 2017, 3:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P.hallett
Yeah marriage is abit to soon at the moment but can see it in the future. I have been looking into emigrating for about a month now have spoken with a few Immigration lawyer's. I was looking at coming over on a work permit for 12-24 months and then applying for PR but the lawyers said I was to old (I'm 32) to do that.a couple lawyers have said I almost have enough points to go down another pr/visa route though
You could have saved yourself most if not all of your legal fees by asking your questions over in our Canada immigration forum. You will find knowledgeable BE members there who have been down every imaginable immigration route, who will share their experience.

Unless you have relatively unusual complications, such as a criminal record or complicated medical history, it it likely that you can complete the immigration process without the need of a lawyer.

Other than that, personally I wouldn't discount the marriage route, as if you are both "sure", and committed, it is not at all unreasonable or unusual. In fact the length of time spent together before marriage is a very poor indicator of the likelihood of a successful/ permanent marriage. And the opposite is arguably true, because the divorce rate has climbed steadily over the past 50 years as increasing numbers of people have postponed marriage until after a period of cohabitation.

I met my wife on line, and we only spent about 7-8 weeks together between first meeting face-to-face and getting married 18 months later. One of those weeks was the week before we married, and another two weeks were at Christmas, less than two months before we married. We have now been happily married for 17 years.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 8th 2017 at 3:58 pm.