Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Scottish Police Clearance Process

Scottish Police Clearance Process

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

zakal1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottish Police Clearance Process

hi there i received job offer from Murray Royal Hospital,but thay asking me for Scottish Police Clearance Certificate, before they Process my application of the Residence and Work Permit/ Visa. and the ask me to contact Macnab Gordon & Douglas Solicitors to assist me secure my Scottish Police <emails and addresses removed)

i want to ask if this the right way to get the work permet in uk,and if yes whats the cost for this process.and how many day it need.

Last edited by Sue; Dec 22nd 2010 at 12:46 pm. Reason: Too much personal details, so removed some of them
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Police Clearance Process

Hi,

Firstly welcome to the forum, however I think you may be in the wrong place, as per the title of the site we are British Expats and so very few of us know anything about the visa process etc for the UK. The majority of us as are British citizens and either living away from the UK, or getting ready to move away from the UK. We do have some members that are moving back to the UK but unlike yourself we do not need to go through a visa/work permit process.

Suggest you try somewhere like here.

Regards

Sue
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 4:22 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know anything about this Police Clearance proses. So I Googled. it seems this has come up before on this forum, but a lot of postings are from a few years ago.
Results here-
If you work in certain sectors it would be normal for the police to issue a cert, to prove you are of good character.
I would have thought the solicitors would be able to tell you all of the costs involved.

Good luck with your prospective move.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

sachinchivate is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
I received job offer from Aurora Exploration Scotland ,but they asking me for Scottish Police Clearance Certificate, before they Process my application of the Residence and Work Permit/ Visa. and the ask me to contact Colin Watson Solicitors to assist me secure my Scottish Police.

I want to ask if this the right way to get the work permit in UK,and if yes whats the cost for this process.and how many day it need.

Regards
Sachin Chivate
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sachinchivate
hi
I received job offer from Aurora Exploration Scotland ,but they asking me for Scottish Police Clearance Certificate, before they Process my application of the Residence and Work Permit/ Visa. and the ask me to contact Colin Watson Solicitors to assist me secure my Scottish Police.

I want to ask if this the right way to get the work permit in UK,and if yes whats the cost for this process.and how many day it need.

Regards
Sachin Chivate
I'm not sure that this is the correct site for you to ask your questions. As the site's name suggests we are mostly British Expats and therefore most know little about the immigration process to the UK.

As this is an old thread and the OP hasn't been back I am closing this thread.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 20th 2011 at 2:29 pm. Reason: to close thread